News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2021 Earnings Results Webcast

pdude81

Here's a screen grab of the email I got. It was from disneyplus@mail.disneyplus.com and was received yesterday.

View attachment 600025
So it's only for people who had a 2 year presale bundle who auto-renew by the 15th (I called). Different bundles or subscription types won't get the message or qualify. The wording made it seem like they were targeting everybody who was there since day 1, but they just want to make sure they hook you for another year.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So it's only for people who had a 2 year presale bundle who auto-renew by the 15th (I called). Different bundles or subscription types won't get the message or qualify. The wording made it seem like they were targeting everybody who was there since day 1, but they just want to make sure they hook you for another year.
Yeah, I got in on the Day-1 three-year deal. My sub ends Nov 12, 2022. So, no offer of a goodies box if I renew.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, I got in on the Day-1 three-year deal. My sub ends Nov 12, 2022. So, no offer of a goodies box if I renew.
I’ll send you a gift pack…

1636656262021.jpeg

Lilofan

Cutting portion sizes, BUT ARE THEY CUTTING THE PRICES TOO for smaller portions? I DOUBT IT!
And how to put a DIG in for those with a little more to love!
I, personally TRY to not eat in the parks...the food in mediocre and now you get smaller portions. I grab a big breakfast at the hotel, snack in the parks and then MAYBE leave the park to grab a quick fast food and re-enter for the rest of the evening! Saves money, but takes time and planning...there are PLENTY of Fast-food places near property so you don't have to travel too far!
That's the way to do it and for a cold glass of lemonade just ask for a cup of ice water and add your handy dandy lemonade packets you bought from Wal Mart to save some money.

doctornick

So, on a positive note, it sounds like Chapek did state that they will plan to increase spending on the Parks division in the next year. Hopefully, that means we might actually see some new stuff after the current wave (Tron/GotG/Play) open - and personally I think they need to in order to compete with Epic Universe.

Can anyone expand on what was said or provide more details? @ParentsOf4 always seems to have a good perspective when it comes to spending.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So, on a positive note, it sounds like Chapek did state that they will plan to increase spending on the Parks division in the next year. Hopefully, that means we might actually see some new stuff after the current wave (Tron/GotG/Play) open - and personally I think they need to in order to compete with Epic Universe.

Can anyone expand on what was said or provide more details? @ParentsOf4 always seems to have a good perspective when it comes to spending.
The one Iger pattern that most definitely has to be broken is the years of nothing in the parks…they are less competitive/standout now than when he started and that shouldn’t be possible

MrPromey

The one Iger pattern that most definitely has to be broken is the years of nothing in the parks…they are less competitive/standout now than when he started and that shouldn’t be possible
I'm really rooting for Universal to knock things out of the park (pun intended) with their third gate.*

Literally doing better than ever (finacinally) without the cuts everywhere and while routinely updating what they have and also while building and expanding and not price gouging in every conceivable direction.

When that third gate comes online, if they do it right, it will put Disney in a really awkward position. Those purse strings will need to loosen and they won't be able to make it up with price increases for as far as the eye can see if they realize they have to compete with a competitor that has a fresher and more dynamic offering.

Three parks with full-day offerings will be in a very strong position to challenge Disney as a primary central Florida vacation destination with their four parks where three out of the four are really only full-day experience when they are busy enough to keep people waiting in long lines for most of their day.

If that comes to pass, it'll be a really uncomfortable time for Disney leadership and explaining themselves to shareholders but it could be a rewarding time for whatever fan-base they haven't lost by then while they scramble to catch up.

... assuming Disney hasn't somehow found a way to ingurgitate Universal's IP and theme parks by that point.

*I know they call the water park the third gate but they ain't fooling anyone, there.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm really rooting for Universal to knock things out of the park (pun intended) with their third gate.*

Literally doing better than ever without the cuts everywhere and while routinely updating what they have and also while building and expanding and not price gouging in every conceivable direction.

When that third gate comes online, if they do it right, it will put Disney in a really awkward position. Those purse strings will need to loosen and they won't be able to make it up with price increases for as far as the eye can see if they realize they have to compete with a competitor that has a fresher and more dynamic offering.

Three parks with full-day offerings will be in a very strong position to challenge Disney as a central Florida vacation destination with their four parks where three out of the four are really only full-day experience when they are busy enough to keep people waiting in long lines for most of their day.

If that comes to pass, it'll be a really uncomfortable time for Disney leadership and explaining themselves to shareholders but it could be a rewarding time for whatever fan-base they haven't lost by then.

... assuming Disney hasn't somehow found a way to ingurgitate Universal's IP and theme parks by that point.

*I know they call the water park the third gate but they ain't fooling anyone, there.
All Disney fans should want Comcast to continue to try and crush it.

I know that will confuse some…but I can explain it with a webinar with a laser point and a chart or something 😎

MrPromey

"I've really enjoyed our time together. On this special two year anniversary, I just have one thing to say - please, Please, PLEASE DON'T GO!"

Seeing this from the outside, it seems a little desperate, doesn't it?

Trying to think what other streaming service has felt the need to bribe subscribers with "gifts" for sticking with them.

Is Disney trying to fake-it-until-they-make-it here or what?

Sir_Cliff

Literally doing better than ever without the cuts everywhere and while routinely updating what they have and also while building and expanding and not price gouging in every conceivable direction.

Three parks with full-day offerings will be in a very strong position to challenge Disney as a central Florida vacation destination with their four parks where three out of the four are really only full-day experience when they are busy enough to keep people waiting in long lines for most of their day.

If that comes to pass, it'll be a really uncomfortable time for Disney leadership and explaining themselves to shareholders but it could be a rewarding time for whatever fan-base they haven't lost by then.

Completely agree.

More than anything, I hope it pushes Disney to reconsider their current business strategy based on cutting costs and raising prices to one which aims to hold/recapture their position as the premium theme park experience. If it gets to the point that both are comparable but one is a lot cheaper, Disney might start feeling the pinch.

Must say that if Universal was smart they would also lift their game a little to be more comparable to Disney in the theming department. For example, Volcano Bay competes with both Disney water parks by providing better slides and some great theming, but then falls down on things like leaving the metal scaffolding exposed on the back of the central icon and has people float through it.

Still, Disney is working to meet them in the middle with things like the Harmonious barges, a comparably industrial entrance to the Polynesian, and spotty maintenance on attractions. So it seems like a good time for Universal to make an aggressive move.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Completely agree.

More than anything, I hope it pushes Disney to reconsider their current business strategy based on cutting costs and raising prices to one which aims to hold/recapture their position as the premium theme park experience. If it gets to the point that both are comparable but one is a lot cheaper, Disney might start feeling the pinch.

Must say that if Universal was smart they would also lift their game a little to be more comparable to Disney in the theming department. For example, Volcano Bay competes with both Disney water parks by providing better slides and some great theming, but then falls down on things like leaving the metal scaffolding exposed on the back of the central icon and has people float through it.

Still, Disney is working to meet them in the middle with things like the Harmonious barges, a comparably industrial entrance to the Polynesian, and spotty maintenance on attractions. So it seems like a good time for Universal to make an aggressive move.
I was gonna point out that Disney is “de-theming”…but you covered it 🤪

Brad Bishop

I believe it. Reports are saying credit card debt nationwide is exploding to new levels.
Really?

Just a few months back I remember hearing that the banks were worried because so many consumers had paid off their debts and, while they still used credit cards, they paid them off each month.

That's in stark contrast to the US Government who: "...needs a credit increase so that they can pay their debts."

J4546

I wish Universal had a better park over here in CA, and I dont think they will ever build a 2nd one. The 1 park we got is pretty meh at best (imo) and even though theyre building a NintendoLand it will only have 1 ride. Epic Universe is hopefully gonna be awesome, Id really like to see Universal build something big with all their classic monsters they own

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Really?

Just a few months back I remember hearing that the banks were worried because so many consumers had paid off their debts and, while they still used credit cards, they paid them off each month.

That's in stark contrast to the US Government who: "...needs a credit increase so that they can pay their debts."
Aggregated consumer debt was reported earlier this week at $15.65 trillion

highest level ever (besting 2019)

JoeCamel

Really?

Credit card debt at 940B in 2019 seems to be the peak but it's not much less now. Ebb and flow

yensid1967

I am hoping that things are back to some kind of normal so it seems like a Disney trip is a good deal in regards to the offerings coming back! I still want the 3 o'clock and the evenings parades back at MK and maybe character meet n greets with character meals! Just those few things would be a step in the right direction...hopefully before December 2026 trip!!?? LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom