News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2021 Earnings Results Webcast

the.dreamfinder

…can’t enjoy yourself…at home in Toms River…if you don’t defend, huh?

this isn’t a “mob” caliber development…but it still looks PR nonsensical and cheap. All new higher prices structure…when people can’t travel…and now crying poor and schlepping it off on those that do?

so why say it? Kissing the business end of wal street while giving the press something to make you look incredibly bad to the populace. Why announce that? Bad management.

you know…there was once this whacky concept to entice people there to boost revenues and profits…not fret margins like a novice out loud.

even Bob I and Michael the Terrible knew how to tip toe.

chapek is terrible (and likely his lieutenants by extension)…you can say it and still be a lifelong Disney fan. They are not mutually exclusive.
Chapek’s most significant contribution to the company, in the long term, is that he doesn’t wear a mask and is fairly open about how people within the company view their “consumers”.

Zipadeelady

Following this thread is making my head hurt but I'm putting my two cents in anyway regarding the portion sizes.

I don't agree with most of the increases but I actually do agree with cutting back portions. I mean seriously, when I go out to eat 90% of the time I never finish my meal or I've over eaten and feel miserable. Plus, when at Disney between the heat and snacks half the time I'm not as hungry as I thought I'd be when i made my reservations 60 days out.

And yes saying it is good for American waistlines is rude but it's true. We eat too much. We are a fat country.

Bring it on.......

pdude81

The portion size comment is just dumb and tone deaf in public, though unsurprising as a potential tactic. What if they opened more restaurants and see if that increases profits first?

Eventually people will be left without acceptable places to cut spending as we do the justification dance of how we'll balance new upcharges. We're certainly not there yet, but headed in that direction. And they can't keep the parks running only on DVC members who are locked in for decades. Revenge travel after a lot of cash was given out helped the bottom line, but that won't last forever.

pdude81

Following this thread is making my head hurt but I'm putting my two cents in anyway regarding the portion sizes.

I don't agree with most of the increases but I actually do agree with cutting back portions. I mean seriously, when I go out to eat 90% of the time I never finish my meal or I've over eaten and feel miserable. Plus, when at Disney between the heat and snacks half the time I'm not as hungry as I thought I'd be when i made my reservations 60 days out.

And yes saying it is good for American waistlines is rude but it's true. We eat too much. We are a fat country.

Bring it on.......
Sure, but prices have already gone up before the potential for cutting back on the amount of food. I'm interested to see at a certain point if people start putting coolers in a locker and bring in Subway rather than pay for a 12 dollar "reduced" dog and fries.

the.dreamfinder

Bring it on.......
It’s more complicated than that. People aren’t going to get healthier if they have smaller portions of unhealthy food.

Glasgow

The company is in quite a state now. They have outgrown and outpriced inflation over the past 5-10 years, taking massive profits. We all knew it, particularly with regards to hotels. Time to pay the piper.

Zipadeelady

It’s more complicated than that. People aren’t going to get healthier if they have smaller portions of unhealthy food.
I agree with your comment but I'm thinking more along the lines of when I order a cheese burger and it comes with 4 servings of fries or I go to 50's Prime Time and there is the samplings platter with fried chicken, meatloaf, pot roast, with all the fixins or i just order the fried chicken and it comes with 3 pieces of chicken. Who really needs all that food? Don't get me wrong I love to eat, I just know that if it's put in front of me most times I'll try to eat it all and then end up regretting it.

And yes I now realize that maybe I'm missing the point that they just raised the prices once again and are now talking about reducing portions but keeping the same raised price. I'll stick with my original comment that portions need reduced.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

Bring it on.......

I have nothing against them cutting portion sizes. I agree that the U.S. has a general issue of making portions way too big. But I have an issue with Disney basically justifying their cost cutting measure by saying it will help with customers' waistlines. If you are really concerned with customer health, sure, cut portion sizes, but also reduce the price proportionately, offer more healthy options, and cut prices on the healthier options. There is no reason a bottle of water should cost $3.50 a bottle.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What you say here is true and only the beginning. I think they will be able to stabilize the share price with a gambling partnership but this is looking more and more like a house of cards. Raising prices is expected. Doing so while insulting your customers to their face is disgusting.
Stabilize? It’s up 75% since 2019 when bout 80% of their actual business was shuttered for the next 12-18 months…

…I think I might have just figured out the stock market there? 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Bring it on.......
I agree with cutting back portions for health…I don’t agree with increasing the price for them.

that’s what we got here.

it’s a hard concept to sell that the land of unlimited vats of bacon on $60.00 buffets cares for such things.

its just less product for the price. I do applaud chapek for not even bothering to mince it. Still stupid to say it though.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I have nothing against them cutting portion sizes. I agree that the U.S. has a general issue of making portions way too big
You should when something as low level as serving portions (which should be a discretion done at the product team) is being manipulated or even on the radar of the global conglomerate CFO. It just shows how manipulative and cheap they are being just to squeeze more juice out of you.

next they’ll talk about how they can use rolling blackouts to save on energy bills…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You should when something as low level as serving portions (which should be a discretion done at the product team) is being manipulated or even on the radar of the global conglomerate CFO. It just shows how manipulative and cheap they are being just to squeeze more juice out of you.

next they’ll talk about how they can use rolling blackouts to save on energy bills…
…I was thinking closing 1/2 the pool to save on one college program lifeguard 🤔

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Good to know if still being done but one can start happy hour riding the Magical Express bus from WDW resorts to the ship until DME goes bye-bye.
You silly…magical express has been cancelled…

they’re repainting them and installing Apple Pay touch points at the doors as we speak 👍🏻

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom