News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2021 Earnings Results Webcast

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"The Walt Disney Company will discuss fiscal full year and fourth quarter 2021 financial results via a live audio webcast beginning at 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, November 10, 2021."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Place your bets, people.
I predict someone on Wall Street thinks they have a better idea of how to exhibit Disney movies (with regard to theaters and streaming and release window) better than the current Disney execs and will couch their pointed advice in the form of a question.

Goofyernmost

Everyone worries about Wall Street way to much. Wall Street is not even close to defining the condition of the economy. Wall Street is mostly made up of extremely rich people playing gambling games with money. It doesn't reflect or influence what happens to everyday people. Yes a lot of us have relatively small investments via personal desires to be part owners of places like Disney, and those of us who have minor investments via 401's etc. Rich people play those games with Wall Street and lose in one day what the rest of us would like to realize in our whole lifetime. Then guess what, they are back the next day investing in something else. It's just a game.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Docs are live -

Parks info -

Disney Parks, Experiences and Products

Disney Parks, Experiences and Products revenues for the quarter increased to $5.5 billion compared to $2.7 billion in the prior-year quarter. Segment operating results increased $1.6 billion to income of $640 million. Operating income for the quarter reflected increases at our domestic and international parks and experiences businesses, partially offset by a decrease at our consumer products business.

Revenue and operating income growth was due to the reopening of our parks and resorts, which were open for the entire quarter this year. In the prior-year quarter, Shanghai Disney Resort was open for the entire quarter, Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Paris were open for approximately 12 weeks, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort was open for approximately 4 weeks and Disneyland Resort was closed for the entire quarter. During the periods our parks and resorts were open, they were generally reduced capacities.

Lower results at our consumer products business were driven by lower royalties from game titles, Marvel’s Avengers and Twisted Wonderland.

The following table presents supplemental revenue and operating income (loss) detail Parks, Experiences and Products segment:

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 4.08.28 PM.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
With Amazon and Apple missing estimates, Q3 GDP going soft and Comcast not disclosing new Peacock sign-ups today, I expect the D+/Hulu/ESPN+ numbers to be horrible even if they beat earnings and revenue.
I wouldn’t bet on that last part. Disney will do anything to make sub numbers appear rosy. Not that I don’t agree with you on that expectation, I’d actually love for the stock to take a bath because of it. Pumped up stock price today based on a service that won’t produce a profit for years? **** Wall Street stock analysts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom