News Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure Announced for Play Disney Parks Mobile App at Epcot

wannabeBelle

Would this be something 2 adults can do also, or mostly geared towards children? Staying at Beach Club for 9 nights, I predict many hours spent at Epcot. :D
Give it a shot, it cant hurt for one afternoon. I think it would be very cute and if you dont like it, you can always stop and find something else to do like go see Alberta Bound in Canada or The Hooligans in the UK. That is usually where I can be found!!! Marie

dreday3

Give it a shot, it cant hurt for one afternoon. I think it would be very cute and if you dont like it, you can always stop and find something else to do like go see Alberta Bound in Canada or The Hooligans in the UK. That is usually where I can be found!!! Marie

I'm sure we'll try it. We plan to do all the scavenger hunts they have for Flower/Garden too. Assuming they do them again this year.

TheMaxRebo

Would this be something 2 adults can do also, or mostly geared towards children? Staying at Beach Club for 9 nights, I predict many hours spent at Epcot. :D

I think so - well, we don't know the specifics but the last versions of this were fun

Just a fun little scavenger hunt and promotes exploring the WS pavilions a bit - which anything that does that I think is a good thing

Especially given the length of your trip and your plans to spend a lot of time at EPCOT it can be something fun to do one day / something different

dreday3

I think so - well, we don't know the specifics but the last versions of this were fun

Just a fun little scavenger hunt and promotes exploring the WS pavilions a bit - which anything that does that I think is a good thing

Especially given the length of your trip and your plans to spend a lot of time at EPCOT it can be something fun to do one day / something different

Exactly what we are thinking. I'm sure we will enjoy it!

mikejs78

Premium Member
Exactly what we are thinking. I'm sure we will enjoy it!
My wife and I did the Kim Possible version of the game several times before kids and always enjoyed it - it's nothing earth shattering but it's a fun diversion. We are looking forward to doing the Ducktails version with our kids in April.

DCBaker

Premium Member
DuckTails World Showcase Adventure has been recently added to the Play Disney app and currently lists "Coming Soon!" -

IMG_6F10110C3032-1.jpeg

Fear

The achievements are live, too.

Jade Hero: Something unspeakable lurks deep under the surface in China. Try your luck at finding a priceless treasure with magical abilities. (Dewey pictured, almost certainly a story with Liu Hai)
Egg Hunter: The con is on in France, where a nefarious nemesis is plotting a heist of a priceless egg - and you'll have to scramble to stop her in time. (Louie pictured, I can see this being a Goldie story, but Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys are just as likely forgot the word "con", and this looks to be Louie-centric. Definitely Goldie).
Time Champion: Train your focus on helping restore the normal flow of time when magic mischief is afoot in Germany. (Donald pictured, this sounds like Magica De Spell)
Scroll Savant: Roll up your sleeves and get to work locating an enchanted scroll of elemental power that is missing in Japan. (Webby pictured. Unclear, but I could see this being the Mark Beaks story)
Idol Raider: Travel to Mexico, stop Mrs. Beakley's old foe, and recover a hidden treasure that is too hot to handle. (Beakley pictured. Very clearly Black Heron)
Sword Savior: Freeze out the goddess of the underworld by finding a mythical weapon that has been lost to the ages in Norway. (Huey pictured, unknown villain, but possibly the Beagles?)
Mulligan Magician: You'll have to be up to par to earn this achievement when you help Scrooge McDuck defeat his nemesis on the links and claim a magical talisman in the United Kingdom. (Scrooge pictured. Glomgold and the Kelpies)
Plunder Wonder: Recover all 7 Plunders of the World to complete your globe-trotting adventures with the DuckTales Crew.

Last edited:

MrPromey

The locations are identical, and we could expect a some reused practical effects from Agent P.

Yes, this looks to be largely a reskin of Agent P.

That's not necessarily a bad thing if there is new story and animation on your phone to link it all together but it kind of makes me wonder why, even with the pandemic, it's taken them three years from announcement to make it happen.

Maybe they decided to add practical stuff originally built for inclusion somewhere in the Play Pavilion?

ToTBellHop

Yes, this looks to be largely a reskin of Agent P.

That's not necessarily a bad thing if there is new story and animation on your phone to link it all together but it kind of makes me wonder why, even with the pandemic, it's taken them three years from announcement to make it happen.

Maybe they decided to add practical stuff originally built for inclusion somewhere in the Play Pavilion?
Definitely surprising. This would have been an ideal pandemic addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom