News Disney’s DuckTales World Showcase Adventure Announced for Play Disney Parks Mobile App at Epcot

ToTBellHop

OMG, I just found out that the storyline of The Lion King is a ripoff of Hamlet!!
Interestingly, when Shakespeare was writing Hamlet, he wanted Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to be played by a warthog and a meerkat but couldn’t find the right actors. Laertes, of course, was played by a hyena in the first production since the pool of hyena actors in London in the early 17th century was quite strong.

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

Yes, but Gravity Falls was very popular and successful for Disney, so clearly they wanted to recapture its success.

See also, Webby being a blatant attempt to cash in on the success of Mabel.

Ah yes, and the supporting young female characters haven't been a single archetype since, well, forever?

We should be so lucky to see more shows embrace confident quirky girls in media. Bring on the Mabels and Webbys, I say.

Brer Panther

You can't convince me that Webby wasn't meant to be an attempt to capitalize on Mabel's success. They're way too similar for me to think otherwise.

DoleWhipDrea

You can't convince me that Webby wasn't meant to be an attempt to capitalize on Mabel's success. They're way too similar for me to think otherwise.
I’m not saying it’s impossible that some higher-ups wanted similar types to what Gravity Falls had (all sorts of precedents are pushed in the writing room from the people writing their checks), but IMHO that’s not inherently a bad thing. And again, I’ll take more Mabels and Webbys over the atypical docile supporting female character. We’ve had a lot of that already. Boys are encouraged to be big and loud and confident but it’s been the opposite for girls in most kids’ media that I’ve seen.

doctornick

Agreed. More activities like this and Pirate's Adventure in MK are needed in every park.

Yep. It would be nice if the Star Wars missions in Galaxy's Edge had more interactions like causing a droid to pop out and do something, etc. (all we ever saw was stuff like a light changing on a door).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yep. It would be nice if the Star Wars missions in Galaxy's Edge had more interactions like causing a droid to pop out and do something, etc. (all we ever saw was stuff like a light changing on a door).
A few of the mission by the droids can get them to do a little movement, but yes, a lot more could and should have been done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom