News Dismal Q3 Earnings

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m sure it’s been linked to and read multiple times by now. A sobering read. And quite factual too.

Last edited:

Epcot_Imagineer

I’m sure it’s been linked to and read multiple times by now. A sobering read. And quite factual too.

The rumors written about in this article were tossed around a lot... I was waiting to hear how true they were from you, and well, this is quite disappointing to know.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

WDW Pro

Not sure how he got the layout for the C Ticket (which is nearly impossible to add now, so don't expect it), but it's accurate. Also, he includes a few tidbits that can almost 100% be traced back to a very specific individual, so if I were him I wouldn't have worded a few places the way he did since it gives up his source. This does indicate a few people are frustrated enough to leak bits of info. Most of this stuff is common knowledge presented in an authoritative (and mostly accurate) narrative.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The rumors written about in this article were tossed around a lot... I was waiting to hear how true they were from you, and well, this is quite disappointing to know.
Almost everything in there I’ve heard / seen privately over the last few weeks (DL and SWL) to Tomorrowland DL and the SW C ticket (last few years) so the piece seems legitimate. All that’s new to me is India.

I’ll just add I had nothing to do with the article!

Animaniac93-98

No it's NOT! because Al Lutz HATES Disney and is *checks notes from 2004* BAD!

;)

Animaniac93-98

Think of all the people who became Disney theme parks fans around 2005 or later and never heard of Al Lutz or Paul Pressler etc.

Crazy to think that was over 15 years ago now.

Besides the Disneyland in India sentence, there's not a lot of new info in the article, but there's a certain symbolism and significance to having Al's name attached to it that's going to be lost on a lot of people (even those gamer YouTubers calling SWGE a failure who never cared about Disney theme parks before 2019).

Last edited:

britain

Not sure how he got the layout for the C Ticket (which is nearly impossible to add now, so don't expect it), but it's accurate. Also, he includes a few tidbits that can almost 100% be traced back to a very specific individual, so if I were him I wouldn't have worded a few places the way he did since it gives up his source. This does indicate a few people are frustrated enough to leak bits of info. Most of this stuff is common knowledge presented in an authoritative (and mostly accurate) narrative.

Can I just make the observation that riding on a Bantha-like creature AMONG the people (like the Main Street trolly does) sounds cool, but riding one along a dedicated lane on an upper level seems wrong. Like it’s working against the illusion that these are beasts. Especially if you saw a row of them up there. Why can’t they just build like 2 or 4 of them and let them go back and forth throughout the land, with a ‘handler’ walking in front of them?

Capacity would suck, but that’s how it is with the MS vehicles. Heck make it require a reservation if you have to. But it shouldn’t require its own “track” space.

smile

Think of all the people who became Disney theme parks fans around 2005 or later and never heard of Al Lutz or Paul Pressler etc.

Besides the Disneyland in India sentence, there's not a lot of new info in the article, but there's a certain symbolism and significance to having Al's name attached to it that's going to be lost on a lot of people (even those gamer YouTubers calling SWGE a failure who never cared about Disney theme parks before 2019).

now, anyone who truly cares should know and remember pp for his vital lessons 🤢
but, as one who's been a fan far longer than that yet has largely avoided the fandom, i can only assume you reference mr. lutz's relevancy as an influencer

care to elucidate?

Animaniac93-98

now, anyone who truly cares should know and remember pp for his vital lessons 🤢
but, as one who's been a fan far longer than that yet has largely avoided the fandom, i can only assume you reference mr. lutz's relevancy as an influencer

care to elucidate?

He was the main voice of dissent over the handling of Disneyland in the late 90s/early 2000s and was known by the mainstream press and TDA, even if he was only considered an annoyance by some. He was the face of MiceAge / MiceChat before the site changed its tone to be more positive about Disney in order to compete and remain relevant with the growing number of blogging sites / YouTube channels.

It's sort of like when @marni1971 or @Lee or one of the better known/trusted insiders posts something here, people tend to take it more seriously, although his tone is probably more comparable to @WDW1974 in terms of causing divisiveness.

His name showing up now after years of absence is probably going to irk some people at TDA who thought they were done with him and now he's piling on to the reporting of "Star Wars is under-performing" which Disney is actively trying to counter. Whether or not people take it seriously under his name I don't know, he's been out of the fan community so long I'm not sure if he has the same relevance. For many people MiceAge is not the first place to go to get Disney rumours.

smile

He was the main voice of dissent over the handling of Disneyland in the late 90s/early 2000s and was known by the mainstream press and TDA, even if he was only considered an annoyance by some. He was the face of MiceAge / MiceChat before the site changed its tone to be more positive about Disney in order to compete and remain relevant with the growing number of blogging sites / YouTube channels.

It's sort of like when @marni1971 or @Lee or one of the better known/trusted insiders posts something here, people tend to take it more seriously, although his tone is probably more comparable to @WDW1974 in terms of causing divisiveness.

His name showing up now after years of absence is probably going to irk some people at TDA who thought they were done with him and now he's piling on to the reporting of "Star Wars is under-performing" which Disney is actively trying to counter.

🤔

thank you very much

rudyjr13

Seems like Chapek could be on his way out

britain

I remember using a candy colored iMac in college and discovering Al Lutz’ photographs of the in-progress DCA in 2000, with Soarin labeled as “IMAX theater”. Ah, memories!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
"Instagram photos of their high priced cocktails and thus be entertained just as much "

this on so many levels makes me the saddest. If it was just down to me id be selling our Boardwalk DVC contract and moving over to Universal.
Does Universal offer a 45-year timeshare contract, too?

Ravenclaw78

It makes me flat-out angry...it's insulting and insinuates that they think we're all a pack of idiots.

That particular line sounded more like hyperbole than most of the article to me, but nonetheless, it's clear from Disney's success in marketing a literal wall as an attraction that there is a segment of the park-going population for whom Instagramming is entertainment.

ImperfectPixie

That particular line sounded more like hyperbole than most of the article to me, but nonetheless, it's clear from Disney's success in marketing a literal wall as an attraction that there is a segment of the park-going population for whom Instagramming is entertainment.
Oh, I'm well aware of that, and that it's hyperbole...but even if that's not what was said, if the sentiment is there...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom