Discovery Island

FanofDinsey1981

Original Poster
Does anyone know if Discovery Island is closed? I went on a tour of it a long time ago, when I was about 9 or 10. I really haven't even thought about it since then, nor have I heard anything else about it.

thanks. :)

bamboo7

Originally posted by Monorail Lime

Because now people who want to see animals can go to Animal Kingdom instead.

right. it wasn't drawing big crouds, it wasn't especially cheap to take care of, and animal kingdom made it obsilete. i remember hearing once that some of the animals went to animal kingdom, and other were sent to other things around the country (like zoos and whatnot).

TURKEY

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
are they going to incorperate the island into anything else? it is kinda sad that they are no longer using the island!

There are RUMORS floating around, but I really don't see them putting anything out there.

I don't know the size of the island, but I don't know what would type of attraction would fit on the island. Even if it was a fairly decent amount of land, I don't know what would attract a good crowd to that place. I know the only time I went out to the island when I was a kid was when I was going to visit River Country.

WDWFREAK53

thanks guys for your info. I really hope they do something nice with the island, it was quite nice to visit. :)

Maybe Universal could buy it off of Disney and it could just be another ISLAND OF ADVENTURE!!! (and look at the location!!!)

(I heard a rumor of the Myst Island attraction going there but I'm pretty sure that has been dead in the water for a while now...too bad though)

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

Maybe Universal could buy it off of Disney and it could just be another ISLAND OF ADVENTURE!!! (and look at the location!!!)

(I heard a rumor of the Myst Island attraction going there but I'm pretty sure that has been dead in the water for a while now...too bad though)

It could be a cool place to use as a "Villians Island" during Halloween time. Either as a scarier walk through, or as a fun meet and greet spooky area with snacks and various activities. It would have to be limited each night due to size, but how cool.

bamboo7

bamboo7

Originally posted by spider-man

It could be a cool place to use as a "Villians Island" during Halloween time. Either as a scarier walk through, or as a fun meet and greet spooky area with snacks and various activities. It would have to be limited each night due to size, but how cool.

yea, i like that idea. just having it as a seasonsl walk-through ype of attraction.

bamboo7

hm, that does look larger than I remember. where exactly is it as compared to the major parks? is it next to MK?

its location, is int he seven seas lagoon, not far from the magic kingdom. it is very close to fort wilderness.

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.asp?S=12&T=1&X=554&Y=3929&Z=17&W=2
in that picture, MK is pretty much centered, the contemporary is just to the right of it, then discovery island is on the right side.

bearboysnc

I thought one of the deluxe hotels offered a "Pirate's Treasure Hunt" kids activity. Where they would take you to the island and dig for treasure.

CmdrTostada

I heard that there were propasols to turn it into Myst Island from the game Myst. This was right after Discovery cove was opened at sea world, but I guess the plans fell through.

bamboo7

Originally posted by DogsRule!
The area is a safety hazard...if something bad were to happen, guests would only be able to leave via boat...

i don't think that the fact that it is only accessable by boat makes it unsafe to use.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom