Discovery Cove

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Has anyone spent the day at DC - is the Dolphin swim worth the $$ ?
We plan to do it next year - any tips / advice would be useful. Thanks
:wave:

tybroid59

My sister in law who sadley isnt very well went there a couple of weeks ago and had a fantastic time.

In my unofficial guide book it looks really good

She said it was more peaceful and had a whole different feel about it

It seems pricey but food was included in her ticket
I am thinking about it for me and my daughter ...send the men some where cheaper :lookaroun

I havent told him yet :lol:

DisneyGal

My boyfriend and I had made reservations to do it last October, but cancelled because we had heard various complaints about it, mostly that YOU only spend 5 mins with the dolphin, and all that includes is holding the fin for a swim across the pool. This just didn't seem worth it to us, eventhough I am an avid dolphin fan!!!!

sig

Definately!

My sister and I did it in last month, and it is definately worth it (even for our pathetic Canadian dollar!).

It was an experience of a lifetime. It has a resort feel to it, starting when you get picked up at SeaWorld and taken over in a Land Rover. Although the dolphin experience is only approx. 30 min, there is snorkeling, lounging in the sun, a bird aviary, gourmet lunch, full bathroom (showers) facilities/supplies (no need to bring your own towels. And 7 days access to SeaWorld is included.

We will remeber it always!

DisneyGal

I'm sure it was a great experience, but I can't see spending all that money thinking that you are going to be spending the day with dolphins, when in all actuality you aren't. They advertise it as "swimming with the dolphins" what they don't tell you is that you only have 30 mins, but 5 mins on an individual basis.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DisneyGal
I'm sure it was a great experience, but I can't see spending all that money thinking that you are going to be spending the day with dolphins, when in all actuality you aren't. They advertise it as "swimming with the dolphins" what they don't tell you is that you only have 30 mins, but 5 mins on an individual basis.

I agree...I also had made reservations with my girlfriend in October...(what a coincidence) and cancelled for the same reasons...Can't see spending all the money for 30 minutes.

DisneyGal

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

I agree...I also had made reservations with my girlfriend in October...(what a coincidence) and cancelled for the same reasons...Can't see spending all the money for 30 minutes.

Great minds think alike!!!! :animwink:

woofboy111

Re: Definately!

Originally posted by sig
My sister and I did it in last month, and it is definately worth it (even for our pathetic Canadian dollar!).

It was an experience of a lifetime. It has a resort feel to it, starting when you get picked up at SeaWorld and taken over in a Land Rover. Although the dolphin experience is only approx. 30 min, there is snorkeling, lounging in the sun, a bird aviary, gourmet lunch, full bathroom (showers) facilities/supplies (no need to bring your own towels. And 7 days access to SeaWorld is included.

We will remeber it always!

What do you mean by 7 day access to sea world? Do you get into sea world for free when you go to discovery cove?

disneyfan123

woofboy: I am going to Discovery Cove on the 11th July and I cannot wait!!!!! When you go to DC at the entrance gate they provide you with another ticket allowing you 7 days consequtive access to Sea World.... which is included in the price of ur DC ticket. Hope that helps!!!!

*only 25 days to go* (so close and yet so far.....)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

woofboy111

Originally posted by disneyfan123
woofboy: I am going to Discovery Cove on the 11th July and I cannot wait!!!!! When you go to DC at the entrance gate they provide you with another ticket allowing you 7 days consequtive access to Sea World.... which is included in the price of ur DC ticket. Hope that helps!!!!

*only 25 days to go* (so close and yet so far.....)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Well, then I guess it makes it a little more worth it. Since I live locally, I would probably go at least twice in the 7 days to get my moneys worth...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom