1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Discovery Cove ticket question

Discussion in 'Sea World Orlando' started by WildernessLodge, Jul 23, 2017.

1. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member

I go to FL in a week and my family keeps changing their plans. I have a question: I already paid for a SeaWorld ticket. If I bought a ticket for Discovery Cove, is it possible to get a refund for the SW ticket? I would still want to go but it would be free with my DC ticket.

2. epcotisbest

epcotisbest Well-Known Member

So did you go to Discovery Cove? We are headed back this fall as we loved it so much.

3. WildernessLodge

WildernessLodge Well-Known Member Original Poster

I DID!!! It ended up being a big problem upgrading from a SW ticket to a DC ticket but it eventually worked out. Basically DC didn't follow proper protocol for when someone wants to do that and it screwed me over in the end.

BUT - DC was awesome!! I didn't opt for the dolphin package. It was $200 more for a few touches and the very short swim and I've touched dolphins plenty of times. I actually really enjoyed the food. It was upgraded theme park food but still tasted good and they had some nice options. Plus, when you're in the summer FL heat and hungry for lunch, it doesn't matter too much to me if it's the highest quality or not. It was enjoyable! It was also really fun to be able to get drinks and chips all day =)

I was surprised by the limit of attractions they had. I looked at a map beforehand so I should have known, but being there in person I saw how small it was. However - it didn't matter because I wanted to spend hours in each part. We did the river a few times but my favorite was the reef! It was beautiful and exhilarating! It's a bigger expense but I would definitely go back again!

epcotisbest and flynnibus like this.
  4. flynnibus

flynnibus Well-Known Member

It's enjoyable to relax and take in the attractions rather than worry about money or play commando planner

5. epcotisbest

epcotisbest Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good day except for the ticket issue.
    We too enjoyed the food, and the snack kiosks too. We stayed busy most of the day, but did a little bit of lounging under some palm trees as well. The Grand Reef was indeed grand, and the lazy river fun and we enjoyed the aviary too. We got there very early and stayed until it closed. Will do the same thing on our return trip.
    We did not do the dolphin swim and don't feel like we missed out on anything really, as it is such a small part of the day. We watched others do it for a little while, but probably won't do it on the next trip either.
    Thanks for the update, glad you had a good time.

WildernessLodge likes this.
  6. flynnibus

flynnibus Well-Known Member

DC's dolphin encounter is ok, but not worth it if you've been to the bahamas or will be going there or other carribean locals that have much more involved dolphin opportunities.

WildernessLodge likes this.