• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Discovery Cove Question

Schweino

Original Poster
Hey all! We are looking at maybe a spite trip to Sea World to get out of the cold. As is stands today, does anyone know if you can still do Dolphin Swim there? Also I thought I read that you can also swim with otters but not sure if that is a thing or not. TIA!

LunaLand

Advertisement
Hi, you do pretty much the same dolphin swim that DC always has done- which is a dorsal tow for a short distance. Before Covid, you could do it in deep or shallow water. Now, its done only in shallow water. This is to allow distancing between the trainers and guests. The rest of the experience is the same, actually better now in my opinion as all interactions are done within only your family group.

The otters you "swim" with are on the other side of a viewing wall. Its an awesome experience but you are not in the water with the animal.

Schweino

Original Poster
Thank you Luna! How long is the dolphin swim experience? Based on your description of a short tow, that seems pretty limited and short.

LunaLand

The 'swim' part of the experience is like 30 seconds. The interaction is closer to half an hour. You get to pet the dolphin, do a few signals and then have a photo shoot. Then the tow. If you've ever done the land based dolphin experience at any of the SeaWorld parks, its basically exactly the same just in water plus the tow. Its worth it if you haven't done any in water dolphin interactions before. Its also worth it based on the price difference between admission with and without it. We paid $150 ish I think this December for admission including the swim. This was my 4th time, and I've done it twice with the dolphins and twice without. We took a friends children (age 8 and 11) and while they enjoyed the dolphin swim they both liked Sea World better. Go figure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom