Discovery Cove in December

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
We want to go to Discovery Cove in December. Will it be way too cold to go? If the weather is below a specific temperature (too cold for swimming) are you offered a refund or reschedule?

Journey_On

We went to Discovery Cove on January 29th of this year, and it happened to be one of the coldest weekends that month. We decided to keep our original plans. It was very cold that day, but on the plus side, the park seemed empty. :) They did have portable heaters around the park. They do keep the water temperature constant year-round, so the water felt warmer than the air. I could only go knee-deep inside the Grand Reef because I was so cold. But I do get cold a lot easier than most people I know.

You can get one complimentary date change prior to your visit. Per their website:

At Discovery Cove, we recognize that vacation plans sometimes change. To accommodate this, we will allow one complimentary date change prior to your visit. Further changes to your itinerary will be provided for a nominal charge of $50 per change. If you need to reschedule your Discovery Cove visit, one complimentary date change is allowed, pending availability. Bookings made within 7 days of original reservation date will be booked at the original rate. Bookings made outside of that time will be subject to change based on seasonal rates for the new date chosen.

Please note: If you decide to cancel or rebook your Discovery Cove reservation within 30 days of your visit there is no refund. If the cancellation notice is provided more than 30 days from your originally scheduled arrival, you will receive a full 100% refund. If you have to change or cancel your reservation, please contact the Discovery Cove reservations center at 407-513-4600. International guests, please call 001 (407) 370-1280.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom