Discounts for resorts

Gramma4

Original Poster
What is the best way to find discounts and when to look for discounts ? we are going Feb. 2021. the entire pin code thing is overwhelming, any advise would be greatly appreciated

Gramma4

Original Poster
I book through a Disney oriented agent. @Kingdom Konsultant is a board sponsor and one of her agents, @wannabeBelle takes care of booking, keeps track of discounts and will reach out if one applies to my reservation or if I can benefit by changing to a different room.

Saves me all that stress.
Can we use this service just to track discounts? we will have very specific requests as far as rooms, plus I love the planning

ThatMouse

These are the official discounts. They come out very close to the same time every year, so the timing is predictable. Some websites even publish when they came out historically so you can mark your calendar.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Can we use this service just to track discounts? we will have very specific requests as far as rooms, plus I love the planning
You can do as much planning or as little planning as you want when using a TA like @Kingdom Konsultant. Me personally I love planning to, but I don't like doing the work, that's why I love using Kingdom Konsultants.

I also work with @wannabeBelle all the time. I am more price conscious than picky about my room, so I just let her know what I want and she gets it for me. If there are other similar options available she lets me know. If there is a discount which can be applied, they take care of it automatically and rebook the rooms, or suggest changes you can make to an existing reservation. They can book dining and activities if you want, but I usually handle that myself.

OneofThree

I book through a Disney oriented agent. @Kingdom Konsultant is a board sponsor and one of her agents, @wannabeBelle takes care of booking, keeps track of discounts and will reach out if one applies to my reservation or if I can benefit by changing to a different room.

Yup. 👍

wannabeBelle

We can certainly apply discounts as they are available or let you know if there is a discount at another resort that you may want to look at for reservations that are booked through our agency. We can certainly put in any room requests that you'd like as well.
As far as the planning we can do as much or as little as you'd like. Most of my clients are perfectly happy to do their own planning and may only ask a question or two about a restaurant they hadn't been to, that I might have tried or if I had heard any updated information on an attraction, for example.
I hope this is helpful!! Marie

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And if anyone in your party is active duty or retired US military, you should explore the discounts WDW offers to those eligible.

dreamfinder

Finding discounts is going to be pretty limited. You end up with discounts offered to 3 main groups publicly, AP, Disney Visa, and General Public. Those all come out pretty regularly, are pretty similar in savings, and are past ones are shown on the MouseSavers historical page, so you can get a rough idea of what to expect, and when it may come out. Then there are discounts that may be offered by specific TAs, but those are usually much more limited to when a TA books a large block of rooms to get a group discount rate, which they then pass on to their clients with lower rates. And there are them the discounts that may show up on Priceline/Expedia. Those are usually for dates that are relatively close, and also don't always have big availability.

As several PPs have said, if you book with a reputable TA that specializes in Disney, many of them will try to apply discounts on your behalf without you needing to be aware of them.

As far as finding discounts go, when those big 3 are announced, most of the Disney sites (such as this one) will have one or more people who post as soon as they hear about them. @Kingdom Konsultant usually mentions them around here if I recall correctly.

mousedroid

Also, you don't have to wait for the discount to book your rooms/package. If you book a room and then a discount is released later, you can add the discount to your existing reservation.
OK, so last July I booked a room at Pop Century for early May of 2020. I just checked the link ThatMouse posted and it lists a Featured Offer that says there is a 15% discount "For stays most nights 4/26/20 – 7/9/20 when you book 1/6/20 – 7/9/20."

Does this mean I can call and ask for that discount on my room? It would end up saving me $184 if it applies to all six nights of our stay.

UNCgolf

OK, so last July I booked a room at Pop Century for early May of 2020. I just checked the link ThatMouse posted and it lists a Featured Offer that says there is a 15% discount "For stays most nights 4/26/20 – 7/9/20 when you book 1/6/20 – 7/9/20."

Does this mean I can call and ask for that discount on my room? It would end up saving me $184 if it applies to all six nights of our stay.

I'm not sure about that since it has a booking date restriction -- wouldn't hurt to ask, though. And considering you could potentially cancel and rebook for the discount, I'm guessing if you call they'll still give it to you.

mousedroid

I'm not sure about that since it has a booking date restriction -- wouldn't hurt to ask, though. And considering you could potentially cancel and rebook for the discount, I'm guessing if you call they'll still give it to you.
Thanks UNCgolf. I just checked to see if I could book a room at our hotel using the discounted rate for the dates we are staying and there were no rooms available at those rates, so I'll stand pat with what I've got. :)

UNCgolf

Thanks UNCgolf. I just checked to see if I could book a room at our hotel using the discounted rate for the dates we are staying and there were no rooms available at those rates, so I'll stand pat with what I've got. :)

Did you try calling and asking for the discount? They may still give it to you.

Dave B

Inventory changes everyday, you have to check the website regularly and POP will most likely show up at some point, it just takes some work and patience

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom