Dis Reservations and RCI

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
Hi All,

I apologize but not sure if the DVC page was the best place to post it or here in hotels or on the trip planning page.
We are planning to stay 9 nights, two at Pop and the other seven at the RCI trade in resort.
So we have RCI and we are going to Disney in Nov. Now the problem with trading in our RCI points for a spot at OKW or Saratoga is that we can only reserve a room there about 40 days in advance. Their system is so weird and right now they are only showing reservation options up till Sept. 6, so we are assuming about 40 days in advance. I know it's the holiday week and usually things are booked like crazy but we're hoping we may get lucky with the reservations being cancelled/traded in this year and there will be a room available.

The problem is that the Disney bill is due 45 days in advance. If we paid our Disney balance and then switched to Saratoga or OKW via RCI, will we be able to get a nice refund from Disney for the 7 days we aren't staying through Disney?

RememberWhen

I’m not sure about the Disney end. Do make sure you have an ongoing search set up in RCI for your dates. When I looked earlier today there was availability into September and a random week in January. The ongoing search should just book the hotel when/if it comes up.

Club Cooloholic

Hi All,

I apologize but not sure if the DVC page was the best place to post it or here in hotels or on the trip planning page.
We are planning to stay 9 nights, two at Pop and the other seven at the RCI trade in resort.
So we have RCI and we are going to Disney in Nov. Now the problem with trading in our RCI points for a spot at OKW or Saratoga is that we can only reserve a room there about 40 days in advance. Their system is so weird and right now they are only showing reservation options up till Sept. 6, so we are assuming about 40 days in advance. I know it's the holiday week and usually things are booked like crazy but we're hoping we may get lucky with the reservations being cancelled/traded in this year and there will be a room available.

The problem is that the Disney bill is due 45 days in advance. If we paid our Disney balance and then switched to Saratoga or OKW via RCI, will we be able to get a nice refund from Disney for the 7 days we aren't staying through Disney?
I really would not count on anything being there for the holiday week. At least not that many days. But with the year we are having it could happen I guess.

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
I have an ongoing search but it's seemed completely useless. We've had it going since last December. We keep checking the RCI page, and like you @RememberWhen , I see random weeks in January as well as about 5-6 weeks out from current dates.

@Club Cooloholic , because you have to trade in whole weeks and book whole weeks through the RCI trade in, there is usually something open for the holiday week. We try to go the week after but with school schedules this year, we didn't have a choice. Here's hoping the year scared some people away and there's a room for us. 🤞🤞 We can always rent DVC points if we have to. Next year, we'll have DVC so we won't have to worry about any of this!

My question about refund/payments is still out there....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom