Diorama on the people mover

Dream-finder

Original Poster
Hi so I'm a big fan of the people mover in disny Florida but one thing intrest me to the point I need to contact the Internet to get answers.

As the ride hose into (I think) buzz lighyear star command mission thing there Is an old school Diorama of a woman in a futuristic hair salon.
Originally I thort that the ride must have been full of them and as they modernised they removed them and this was the only one left but I have read that this was added to the attraction and is not original
Can anyone explain why they put it there ?? That's is no reference to it in the ride naration.
Also any idea if there were ment to be more??

Goofyernmost

There never was any narration to it.. During the retheme of the People mover to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and it's nod to the futuristic transportation It was just to show a little humor while you ride.

Also Welcome to the Boards...
Seems to me like it has been there since Buzz first opened. I could very well be wrong, but I don't remember seeing anything else before or after that.

Dream-finder

Original Poster
And thanks for all the info :)
Shame they didn't put more nods like this in it truth be told this is one of the parts I find most interesting :)

JoeZer

Steampunky Time Lord
Way back in the day...and I'm about to show my age here...when the space for Buzz Lightyear was If You Had Wings (then later, If You Could Fly, then Dreamflight, then Take Flight) the window panes would look down in to the attraction like the one set does for Buzz Lightyear still. Some of these windows were blacked out/covered up from the inside (note the glass panels to the left side across from the Buzz Lightyear view). I think the salon set piece was one such window that was repurposed when Buzz Lightyear was installed.

scoobygirl39541

Thanks for asking that question @Dream-finder! I've always wondered the same thing. It seems like that scene is a throwback to "old" Epcot and I also thought it was leftover from a previous attraction. Hmm interesting to hear it's not. As always, thanks for the info!

RonAnnArbor

There also used to be much more narration that was "public transportation" inspired they have gotten rid of over the years -- warnings to watch hands/tenticles etc...announcements that sounded like you were on a subway....or skyway as the case may be...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom