Dinosaur operating hours shifted

999th Happy Haunt

Original Poster
Not sure if this deserves it’s own thread, but the site that shall not be named is saying that Dinosaur will close an hour prior to park closing starting March 31st.

Thoughts?
Anyone know why? Seems like a strange decision.

T.Will

Not sure if this deserves it’s own thread, but the site that shall not be named is saying that Dinosaur will close an hour prior to park closing starting March 31st.

Thoughts?
I don't think it means anything. Clickbait's article notes "[While] it may seem that the attraction will be closing earlier starting March 31st, it will also be opening at park open as opposed to its usual open at 30 minutes after park opening, so the total number of operating hours will ultimately not be affected." Doesn't look like a Muppet-Vision situation.

GlacierGlacier

It's been closing 30 minutes early for a few weeks at least. After watching RoL I wanted to get in one last ride of dinosaur before the park closed in half an hour. Nope. Dino done.

It makes sense though - it's one of the more mechanically involved attractions in the park, with the most animatronics out of any there. It definitely deserves a tad more maintenance time.

Or the half hour before close doesn't have enough guests to warrant running the attraction til the end of the night.

JohnD

Thoughts?

It's about as far away as you can get. Most are probably going to Pandora and Everest in the last hour anyway.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Amazing how Indiana Jones Adventure is constantly being improved and maintained with frequent refurbs, and Dinosaur somehow gets worse and worse because god forbid they spend more money on maintaining AK attractions.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It actually had a very lengthy refurb not long ago that returned some long missing effects and added a couple new ones.

I experienced the attraction in January and it was awful. Too Dark / empty, no running carnotaurus or projections, a lot of static figures that I had a feeling were "supposed" to be moving.. It was just sad.

The CM up front said that the most recent refurbishment only involved re-painting the dinosaurs and replacing some lighting; things like that. I had no clue it just went through a refurb.

FigmentForver96

I experienced the attraction in January and it was awful. Too Dark / empty, no running carnotaurus or projections, a lot of static figures that I had a feeling were "supposed" to be moving.. It was just sad.

The CM up front said that the most recent refurbishment only involved re-painting the dinosaurs and replacing some lighting; things like that. I had no clue it just went through a refurb.
Well the cast member was wrong because more work was done then that. Now whether things are working now is another discussion but more work was completed in the refurbishment.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Well the cast member was wrong because more work was done then that. Now whether things are working now is another discussion but more work was completed in the refurbishment.

Yeah I mean i'm not gonna argue what was (or wasn't) touched in the refurb - personally I wouldn't know because this was my first time on Dino in recent memory.

What I will argue is that Dino was sad, bad, and everything in between.

GlacierGlacier

Well just a few weeks ago, there were no unintentionally static figures, a running carnotaurus (really, really running), functional projections, etc.

This ride is far from abandoned.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Well just a few weeks ago, there were no unintentionally static figures, a running carnotaurus (really, really running), functional projections, etc.

This ride is far from abandoned.

Too late for me to experience I suppose ;) I don't know if many people would argue it could use some "plussing".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom