DINOSAUR merch removed

Cadbury

Original Poster
Apparently all DINOSAUR related merch has been removed and replaced with generic Disney merch in AK. Is this part of Disney's cultural sensitivity changes as to not offend any dinos out there?🤣

Edit: For some reason the link doesn't work when I post it but the article can be found on Walt Disney World News Today's website.

dinosaur-merch-missing-5-1941499-1200x900.jpg

dinosaur-merch-missing-4-3471623-1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

AugieMorosco

And now the meet/greets in the area have been made into seating spaces!

Oh I hope they aren't getting ready to close down this area....
I came here because I saw this story and was curious if anyone knew more. Just closing down a land out of nowhere like it's a Quiznos in a bad neighborhood doesn't seem like a realistic thing to happen. There's been talk forever about revamping Dinoland, but with all of the construction delays, 50th in a few months, pandemic recovery, etc. it doesn't seem realistic that it would occur anytime in the next couple of years. I'm very curious about the merch disappearing. Hopefully more is revealed soon.

Cmdr_Crimson

I came here because I saw this story and was curious if anyone knew more. Just closing down a land out of nowhere like it's a Quiznos in a bad neighborhood doesn't seem like a realistic thing to happen. There's been talk forever about revamping Dinoland, but with all of the construction delays, 50th in a few months, pandemic recovery, etc. it doesn't seem realistic that it would occur anytime in the next couple of years. I'm very curious about the merch disappearing. Hopefully more is revealed soon.
You know...I'm "Joensin" for staring in the eyes of Mara..
e202d59d4d2c99fc6478abb17d842238818a99eb.gif

AugieMorosco

Not to force us back on topic, but this is one of my favorite rides at WDW and this merch swap better not be signaling something bad......

P.S. I've been on Indy at DLR multiple times, our version is better.
Wow. I like Dinosaur, but i don't think it competes at all with Indy. I'd be sad if Dinosaur went away, though. I actually don't hate Dinoland when it's fully functioning with the meet & greets, though I have a strong bias towards the Ducks.

FoodRockz

Wow. I like Dinosaur, but i don't think it competes at all with Indy. I'd be sad if Dinosaur went away, though. I actually don't hate Dinoland when it's fully functioning with the meet & greets, though I have a strong bias towards the Ducks.
Indy just felt.....gimmicky to me. Like a giant cobra around a random corner, why/how? And seeing all the other ride vehicles driving around also took me out of it.

Cadbury

Original Poster
what could be the reasoning for all this dinoland merch removal, as well as coaster removal? Are they gonna redo that entire area soon?
I don't think there's a definite answer yet. There's always been rumors of Dinoland USA going away since it always felt like the cheapest area of AK.

Sir_Cliff

closing it down for a new journey of water with moana!
Maybe after people kept saying it would be a great fit for AK, Disney decided to give the fans what they want and build another one there!

Not sure why they have replaced the dinosaur merchandise, but I think it's fairly certain that it's neither because political correctness has gone mad or the bulldozers are about to move in.

UNCgolf

Maybe after people kept saying it would be a great fit for AK, Disney decided to give the fans what they want and build another one there!

Not sure why they have replaced the dinosaur merchandise, but I think it's fairly certain that it's neither because political correctness has gone mad or the bulldozers are about to move in.

It could be as simple as the merchandise wasn't selling very well and they thought they could get more revenue by putting something else there. They haven't really cared about selling unique merchandise in a long time.

mysto

This is weird.

Well, all that Dino related merchandise has unique UPC codes. By replacing all that merch with just a few generic items that are found in all the shops they will use far fewer UPC codes and thus save a ton of database space! There can be numerous reasons for this:

) They need the space for the Fastpass+ replacement.
) The director of land sea and air, er, I mean merchandising is lazy and doesn't want to deal with so much stuff.
) It was an accident (no reason).
) Amazon AWS is charging them $.01 per meg per day, so it's a cost saving measure.
) Cruella requested it, she's just mean.
) Aliens. Of course it was aliens.

</farce>

Someone please use this list to start a poll.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom