DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

garagely

Finally got my chance to ride yesterday, despite at least 3 downtimes in the few hours that I was in the park. I was pleased at the new lighting, the new time tunnel effect, everything looked great! I wasn't too keen on Carno #1 being lit coming around the corner, I used to enjoy how he'd light up with the vehicle right next to him.

Salty looked good, and I see why they put the fireflies around (her?) neck, in an attempt to create depth. But it just makes the area below look sparkly, kind of draws your attention right to the fact that it's just a head.

I didn't get a good look at the cearadactylus in the nest so I can't comment on them. Mama is still a disgrace and I think they should just take her out at this point. I like the new projected compys way more than the compys on a wire, which is strange because 9 times out of 10 I prefer to see a practical effect. That effect reminded me of a similar moment in the IJA where you go through projected branches with rats.

Running carno was A+, nice to hear the chase surround noises too.

Photo carno was very well lit. You could see him from a distance. The thing that really popped out at me about this section, is that stupid carnotaurus head on a stick. It's super bright in that room now, and the head is just there, visible. I get that they need to have it ready in a pinch in case the main carno goes out, but I actually got a bit of a chill looking up and seeing it just hanging up there.

It was cool to see the laser net back on Aladar!

Did the finale carnotaurus get new paint or new lighting? He really seemed a lot brighter. Did he always have, uh, forelegs? Was there extra roaring audio added to that part too?

All in all, extremely happy to see Dinosaur get some love. The 3 downtimes yesterday were kind of frustrating. I would have ridden it again if I could have!

tcool123

Carno on a stick? Please explain? Hopefully this isn't Disney Dinning taking things to the next level..
Similar to how there's a B Mode for the Yeti in Everest (Blowing wind and Strobes for movement illusion) there's a B Mode for the Carnotorous when it needs to be taken out. I'm unsure which is which, but pretty sure B Mode for Carno is the stick one which I think is this one?
carnohead.png

garagely

Yup, that's the one! I suppose most normal people would turn to look at the carnotaurus on the right, but for some reason my eye was just drawn to the creepy floating head. And with the rad new lighting it's quite visible, the blacklight paint shows up.

Loved the ride, though! As someone who has been riding it for years and has it sort of memorized, it just gave me the creeps to see something unexpected there.

Similar to how there's a B Mode for the Yeti in Everest (Blowing wind and Strobes for movement illusion) there's a B Mode for the Carnotorous when it needs to be taken out. I'm unsure which is which, but pretty sure B Mode for Carno is the stick one which I think is this one?
carnohead.png

dreamscometrue

Finally got my chance to ride yesterday, despite at least 3 downtimes in the few hours that I was in the park. I was pleased at the new lighting, the new time tunnel effect, everything looked great! I wasn't too keen on Carno #1 being lit coming around the corner, I used to enjoy how he'd light up with the vehicle right next to him.

Salty looked good, and I see why they put the fireflies around (her?) neck, in an attempt to create depth. But it just makes the area below look sparkly, kind of draws your attention right to the fact that it's just a head.

I didn't get a good look at the cearadactylus in the nest so I can't comment on them. Mama is still a disgrace and I think they should just take her out at this point. I like the new projected compys way more than the compys on a wire, which is strange because 9 times out of 10 I prefer to see a practical effect. That effect reminded me of a similar moment in the IJA where you go through projected branches with rats.

Running carno was A+, nice to hear the chase surround noises too.

Photo carno was very well lit. You could see him from a distance. The thing that really popped out at me about this section, is that stupid carnotaurus head on a stick. It's super bright in that room now, and the head is just there, visible. I get that they need to have it ready in a pinch in case the main carno goes out, but I actually got a bit of a chill looking up and seeing it just hanging up there.

It was cool to see the laser net back on Aladar!

Did the finale carnotaurus get new paint or new lighting? He really seemed a lot brighter. Did he always have, uh, forelegs? Was there extra roaring audio added to that part too?

All in all, extremely happy to see Dinosaur get some love. The 3 downtimes yesterday were kind of frustrating. I would have ridden it again if I could have!
Thanks for the review. Going to DAK twice in 2 weeks time and will get to ride for the first time in 3 years. It's a very enjoyable theme park attraction for me, so can't wait!

jaxonp

carnohead.png

Cool. Is that located above the photo Carno are where does this guy live?

jaxonp

Yup, that's the one! I suppose most normal people would turn to look at the carnotaurus on the right, but for some reason my eye was just drawn to the creepy floating head. And with the rad new lighting it's quite visible, the blacklight paint shows up.

Loved the ride, though! As someone who has been riding it for years and has it sort of memorized, it just gave me the creeps to see something unexpected there.

so wait, is this just on the left right before you see photo carno on the right?

Mike S

This reminds me of the dementors on Harry Potter and the forbidden journey. When the ride breaks down and they turn the lights on, you'll see many extra dementors that aren't turned on during the ride and I don't know why, maybe it's a B mode thing like Dino.
They were part of the originally planned Dementor scene but it was never implemented for guests at the request of J.K. Rowling.

jaxonp

They were part of the originally planned Dementor scene but it was never implemented for guests at the request of J.K. Rowling.

Did she think it was too scary? I wanna see A++ mode. I just want smooch the cheek of a dementor and they always seem to miss me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom