DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

Cmdr_Crimson

The pterodactyls hardly do ANYthing.
As many a Flintstone Creature would say.....
a_living_flinstones.jpg

mitchk

Did they put at least half a body on the last Dino? I thought he was just a head, that replaced a meteor.... it looked like less smoke around him too...

Last edited:

dizneeboy

Am I happy? of course! However, its a little sad to read praise for something they should be keeping up with regularly for the premium/standards they have built their rep on. I guess that's the Disney we experience these days though. (ie, great job fixing up those effects that stopped working ages ago :rolleyes:) ...I am happy though :)

Virtual Toad

Rode it on the 20th with the family. Overall good stuff during the ride itself, except for a missing section of dialogue as you approach the first Carnotaurus. Maybe just a glitch?

The biggest negative was the condition of the preshow video. Only the dialogue track was working and it was playing so low it was very difficult to hear. No music or sound effects, and the video itself looks like they tried to convert it from interlaced to progressive playback. The interlace artifacts were awful, not at all acceptable for a refurbishment. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their efforts, but when you refurb something, the show elements should not be worse than they were before the refurb, period.

Other missed opportunities include not cleaning the loading area at all (really)? and Bill Nye's audio in the main queue room is still way too low. A few strategically-placed speakers could have gone a long way, but alas, WDW and its standards.

All in all we're happy it's up and running again but.... YMMV.

Mike S

The last Carnotaurus definitely "pops" now. Some lighting is a little too bright like with the Sauropod where it's even more obvious now that he's only a neck and head. Everything else seemed good to me. Alioramus was moving. The picture Carnotaurus also seems fully lit up now to where you can easily see all of him. Something funny I noticed is that his fingers are very floppy and rubbery but I guess that's how it's always been lol.

Overall good refurb. Just tweak the lighting levels a little more to get it just right throughout.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
The last Carnotaurus definitely "pops" now. Some lighting is a little too bright like with the Sauropod where it's even more obvious now that he's only a neck and head. Everything else seemed good to me. Alioramus was moving. The picture Carnotaurus also seems fully lit up now to where you can easily see all of him. Something funny I noticed is that his fingers are very floppy and rubbery but I guess that's how it's always been lol.

Overall good refurb. Just tweak the lighting levels a little more to get it just right throughout.
Just rode yesterday and I feel the same way. I'd like to add that some of the SFX in the preshow were either not working or way too quiet to hear. Other than that, it was a great refurb! Especially the comsaugnathus projections!

No Name

Rename it back to Countdown to Extinction. Or Dinosaur (not all caps). I hate names with all caps. So glad that Steve changed his forum name from WDWMAGIC to wdwmagic a little while back.

Oh, the refurbished ride? This is an area where I find it tough for me to comment, since I don't really remember what the effects were like before the refurb or originally. I watched the video and nothing looks noticeably wrong to me, except one Dino that went disco-yeti. Overall, looks good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom