DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

Cmdr_Crimson

When McDonalds dropped their sponsorship, they took the basic poster design and replaced the captions with the species names.

Before & After...
mcdino_2poster2007ww.jpg
3570843477_8af82705fe_z.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

What I find neat about this was during the time Mcdonald's sponsered this section of the park there was more to it for Chicagoans like myself as many of the Cast molds of the Skeletal Dino's were from The Field Museum.
Dino SUE AK Version
1477886740_42bb2257e7_b.jpg

Original SUE at the Field Museum
74248d362c6fd14eb2d8746a16649c8b.jpg

Plus the Olden Gate Bridge is another Cast Mold of a Brachiosaurus from The museum.....
dinoland-usa-032.jpg

Same cast was also used for a display at United's Terminal 1 at O'hare
IMG_1013.jpg

And the Original sits outside of the Museum..
LI-MC-BB-001b.jpg

Bocabear

I like the ride, but just with the time-hop portion was better...now it feels like driving through a toaster oven and you are in a jungle...was never a convincing or even passable effect... Indy doesnt have a time hop component, but the temple entrance and doors is a much more compelling intro...

Cmdr_Crimson

I like the ride, but just with the time-hop portion was better...now it feels like driving through a toaster oven and you are in a jungle...was never a convincing or even passable effect... Indy doesnt have a time hop component, but the temple entrance and doors is a much more compelling intro...

Perhaps they will use the projection mapping within the tunnels to make it look like we warped through the time barrier..

Rob562

What I find neat about this was during the time Mcdonald's sponsered this section of the park there was more to it for Chicagoans like myself as many of the Cast molds of the Skeletal Dino's were from The Field Museum.
Dino SUE AK Version
1477886740_42bb2257e7_b.jpg

Original SUE at the Field Museum
74248d362c6fd14eb2d8746a16649c8b.jpg

Plus the Olden Gate Bridge is another Cast Mold of a Brachiosaurus from The museum.....
dinoland-usa-032.jpg

Same cast was also used for a display at United's Terminal 1 at O'hare
IMG_1013.jpg

And the Original sits outside of the Museum..
LI-MC-BB-001b.jpg

Sue was actually partially prepped on-site at AK when the park first opened. The skeleton was a joint purchase that included Disney and the museum. In exchange, Disney was able to have the fossil prep lab where you could watch the fossils being worked on (roughly where Triceratop Spin is now), and get a copy of the complete skeleton when done.

I didn't realize Oldengate was a copy from Chicago, too.

-Rob

Cmdr_Crimson

Sue was actually partially prepped on-site at AK when the park first opened. The skeleton was a joint purchase that included Disney and the museum. In exchange, Disney was able to have the fossil prep lab where you could watch the fossils being worked on (roughly where Triceratop Spin is now), and get a copy of the complete skeleton when done.

I didn't realize Oldengate was a copy from Chicago, too.

-Rob

Yep they have a plaque right under the bridge..
4.-oldengate-bridge-sign-animal-kingdom-dinoland-walt-disney-world.jpg

Plus with prep lab at AK there was one at The Field Museum as well with collaboration from McDonalds...Which is still being used to this day minus the sponsorship..
gn88799_2c.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom