DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

jmp85

Mine was cancelled for Oct 30. So excited that Dinosaur, Rockin Roller Coaster and Big Thunder Railroad will all be closed during my visit. I feel seriously jipped witih this many major attractions being closed at the same time. All that's left is for Space Mountain and Splash Mountain to go down too.

Disney Analyst

Mine was cancelled for Oct 30. So excited that Dinosaur, Rockin Roller Coaster and Big Thunder Railroad will all be closed during my visit. I feel seriously jipped witih this many major attractions being closed at the same time. All that's left is for Space Mountain and Splash Mountain to go down too.

I know it's dissapointing, but it's a sign that TDO is finally not giving into the people who complain when attractions are down due to refurbishment... it's always been a much bigger challenge at WDW than DL due to the perception of it be so many first timers one and only visit, thus rides would never go down to be refreshed ever. It's a great sign that they are doing this! Didn't Peter Pan have its first refurb ever like a few years ago?

Tiny Arms

Not going to lie, after lurking this thread for a few weeks & wanting to participate in the conversation super badly, I caved in & made an account :cautious: haha.
My most recent trip was in early May & just as we approached Dinosaur, the cast members were directing people away. I assume it was a mechanical failure that unfortunately made it so that guests had to be evacuated out. It was our last stop before leaving for home, too.
I've been waiting to go back on this ride ever since then! Our next trip is in late October & I was beyond excited to see how this ride was going to be after the refurbishment.
I'm quite saddened that I'll have to miss this ride again in a few weeks. Disappointed frankly, because Dinosaur is my favorite ride.
However, if this new extension of refurbishment makes the ride even better & adds a ton of tiny improvements, then I'm all for it. This ride desperately needs the attention, I hate seeing the AA's in such poor shape at times. I'm looking forward to when the lines are open again for this underrated gem.

Liberty6

They must have run into some unforeseen problems, that or they've decide to fix more things than originally planned.
From what I heard the majority of the physical work is done but issues with the computer software issue side is what is holding everything up. When they tried powering up for the first time this week they had major issues. Most of the downtimes at Dinosaur have been software related where a vehicle on the track will lose touch with the base system causing a ride stop. With the new system it should hopefully reduce this issue.

999th Happy Haunt

Not going to lie, after lurking this thread for a few weeks & wanting to participate in the conversation super badly, I caved in & made an account :cautious: haha.
My most recent trip was in early May & just as we approached Dinosaur, the cast members were directing people away. I assume it was a mechanical failure that unfortunately made it so that guests had to be evacuated out. It was our last stop before leaving for home, too.
I've been waiting to go back on this ride ever since then! Our next trip is in late October & I was beyond excited to see how this ride was going to be after the refurbishment.
I'm quite saddened that I'll have to miss this ride again in a few weeks. Disappointed frankly, because Dinosaur is my favorite ride.
However, if this new extension of refurbishment makes the ride even better & adds a ton of tiny improvements, then I'm all for it. This ride desperately needs the attention, I hate seeing the AA's in such poor shape at times. I'm looking forward to when the lines are open again for this underrated gem.
Welcome to the forums!

matt9112

From what I heard the majority of the physical work is done but issues with the computer software issue side is what is holding everything up. When they tried powering up for the first time this week they had major issues. Most of the downtimes at Dinosaur have been software related where a vehicle on the track will lose touch with the base system causing a ride stop. With the new system it should hopefully reduce this issue.

Curious is a software update or change part of this? And for context do most big rehabs see ride software upgraded?

Biff215

I know it's dissapointing, but it's a sign that TDO is finally not giving into the people who complain when attractions are down due to refurbishment... it's always been a much bigger challenge at WDW than DL due to the perception of it be so many first timers one and only visit, thus rides would never go down to be refreshed ever. It's a great sign that they are doing this! Didn't Peter Pan have its first refurb ever like a few years ago?
When the yeti gets fixed we'll believe this. I remember in the spring we were blaming refurb extensions on Shanghai. I'm not going to start any conspiracy theories, but it's interesting this is now scheduled to open in time for the busy holiday season. Guess we'll have to see if that happens.

JustInTime

This is the first time in memory that it's had a lengthy shutdown. I know there for a while they were only running one side for some reason, but the longer the better (I hope!)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom