DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

glvsav37

I know that it's a slow time, but just annoying that two favourites, BTMRR and DINOSAUR (and Swiss Family Treehouse) are both closed during our trip (however, we will have Soarin' , DAK night-time activities and hopefully Frozen and Rivers of Lights, so shouldn't complain too much...).

End of July through August is not a slow time.

As for the DAK night time/extended hours, its great. But with the attraction down, i'm scratching for things to do while I'm there later. I know its only 1 attraction, but its a big one.

180º

Really glad to see it get some refurb time, but I wish they would have provided earlier notice. I understand it needs work sorely, though. Honestly, there should be annual routine maintenance scheduled for most attractions, as is the norm at Disneyland. Hopefully they spare no expense to get Dinosaur sparkling.

doctornick

End of July through August is not a slow time.

As for the DAK night time/extended hours, its great. But with the attraction down, i'm scratching for things to do while I'm there later. I know its only 1 attraction, but its a big one.

Which all goes back to the point that WDW is so under built -- especially certain parks -- that it kills capacity just to shut attractions down for the regular maintenance they need.

Hopefully, they don't stop with the additions once he current announced projects (Pandora, TSL, Star Wars) come online because all the parks would benefit from additional attractions beyond that.

MausCouture

I'm happy that Dinosaur is finally getting the attention it needs. Dinosaur has always been one of my favorite rides, but on my most recent trip to WDW I was extremely disappointed to see how inconsistency it was running! I rode Dinosaur at least 12+ times over the duration of my trip, and maybe twice was it running without any noticeable malfunctions.

A list of malfunctions that occurred over the duration of my trip include:

• Sauropod was covered with a black tarp on/off the entire duration of the trip.
• Evacuated twice on the same day. :cry:
• Alioramus was stationary.
• Lights during the first time traveling sequence weren't working.
• My sister told me after riding there was a Dinosaur with just a head. Apparently it's whole body was missing(?) :confused:
My personal fav -
• On one my AK days, The Carnosaurus that chases towards the time rover was not only bent over, but it looked like it had face planted on the floor completely. Keep in mind it's still moving forward on the track.. Lol.

JustInTime

Bummer. We will be in the world right when it is scheduled to be opening back up. So potentially if it does a soft open, we could catch it. If not I could add a park hopper and see it on another park day. Trip planned for the last week of September until October first. I have a hard time being mad because I know how bad this needs it

Rodan75

I'm happy that Dinosaur is finally getting the attention it needs. Dinosaur has always been one of my favorite rides, but on my most recent trip to WDW I was extremely disappointed to see how inconsistency it was running! I rode Dinosaur at least 12+ times over the duration of my trip, and maybe twice was it running without any noticeable malfunctions.

A list of malfunctions that occurred over the duration of my trip include:

• Sauropod was covered with a black tarp on/off the entire duration of the trip.
• Evacuated twice on the same day. :cry:
• Alioramus was stationary.
• Lights during the first time traveling sequence weren't working.
• My sister told me after riding there was a Dinosaur with just a head. Apparently it's whole body was missing(?) :confused:
My personal fav -
• On one my AK days, The Carnosaurus that chases towards the time rover was not only bent over, but it looked like it had face planted on the floor completely. Keep in mind it's still moving forward on the track.. Lol.

Wow. But I can't imagine all of that would be fixed in a month(oops 2 months). Unless they do a bunch of pre-work.

That Guy

I got to chat with a couple Dinosaur cast members earlier in the month and they said the whole gift shop/exit was being redone. There is quite a bit of wasted space now that the amount of people that stop to buy pictures has dwindled.

Clamman73

Wow. But I can't imagine all of that would be fixed in a month(oops 2 months). Unless they do a bunch of pre-work.
Right...if they said all that would be fixed in that amount of time I'd be like...
image.png

FigmentJedi

That's the Sauropod (specifically a Saltosaurus). They built it without a body.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom