DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

Brian Swan

Just rode Jurassic Park at Uni for the first time, followed by Dinosaur a couple of days later.
I was under the impression that JP was the superior ride.
Not even close.
Save for the T-rex at the end of JP, the ride was barren looking and the animatronics were pretty bad.
My whole family actually wound up thinking Dinosaur was better than how we remembered it after riding JP.
I agree - I think Dino is an overall much better ride than JP. The only things I have against it are (a) there are too many "pitch black" sections with nothing to see, and (b) it pales in comparison to Indy in DL.

Rodan75

So I never rode the original iteration of this ride, but was it once better lit? I've never really enjoyed this ride because it feels like you are just being tossed around in the dark while you are being told a story...seems like the ride needs like 50-100% more dinosaurs/scenes that you can see.

P_Radden

We rode Dinosaur 3 times on our last trip. 2 of those times were back to back (didn't even get off the ride car). The only broken effect that really stood out to me was one anamatronic dinosaur (looked like a triceratops) not moving at all. This was especially noticeable because the ride car stops in front of him briefly to "analyze" what kind of dinosaur he is. This is about mid way through the ride, on the left hand side just as you pass through a pitch black section.

Idoonu

The only thing that is noticeably off to me is the Sauropod scene, not much going on there and it has some really loud hydraulic hisses.

yeti

So I never rode the original iteration of this ride, but was it once better lit? I've never really enjoyed this ride because it feels like you are just being tossed around in the dark while you are being told a story...seems like the ride needs like 50-100% more dinosaurs/scenes that you can see.

Not better lit, but scarier. Better sound effects that made it seem like the Carnotaurus was actually chasing you. Now he trails off.

bethymouse

I haven't seen anything yet for Dinosaur ( although it does need it). Touring plans is usually fairly good about announcing... so is all ears.:confused:

teadrinker

I know that it's a slow time, but just annoying that two favourites, BTMRR and DINOSAUR (and Swiss Family Treehouse) are both closed during our trip (however, we will have Soarin' , DAK night-time activities and hopefully Frozen and Rivers of Lights, so shouldn't complain too much...).
I'm there too whist two of my favourite rides are now closed. So annoying. Not happy Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom