DINOSAUR closed for refurbishment July 25 - November 20 2016

djlaosc

Original Poster
According to The Dibb, DINOSAUR is going down for refurbishment 25th July-29th September 2016, reopening on 30th September 2016.

Does anyone know what is being done? I would have thought that any DAK refurbishments would have been completed before the evening activities open on Memorial Day.

[UPDATE June 20th 2016 - Refurbishment extended until October 17th.]
[UPDATE October 14th 2016 - Refurbishment extended until November 20th]

Last edited:

djlaosc

Original Poster
That time frame is still fairly slow of a time to go, even though slow is far busier than it was years ago. Probably a good time to take it down. I wonder what's being done? What needs fixing?

I know that it's a slow time, but just annoying that two favourites, BTMRR and DINOSAUR (and Swiss Family Treehouse) are both closed during our trip (however, we will have Soarin' , DAK night-time activities and hopefully Frozen and Rivers of Lights, so shouldn't complain too much...).

glvsav37

According to The Dibb, DINOSAUR is going down for refurbishment 25th July-29th September 2016, reopening on 30th September 2016.

Does anyone know what is being done? I would have thought that any DAK refurbishments would have been completed before the evening activities open on Memorial Day.

Dibb? can you link this? I"m not seeing anything reported elsewhere

Edit...just found it...but I don't know why no one else has this posted yet? Does a British site have more info on a US park then local ones do?

YodaMan

Dibb? can you link this? I"m not seeing anything reported elsewhere

Edit...just found it...but I don't know why no one else has this posted yet? Does a British site have more info on a US park then local ones do?

The dates are listed internally as well. Disney doesn't necessarily advertise when a change is made and something gets added to the refurb list. It just depends if anyone notices that the operating hours changed for an attraction.

Calm Down Rover

That's great to hear. I don't expect them to switch on any of the old Countdown effects (as much as I'd love that) but the animatronics seem to be in constant need of a tune-up. I've always had a soft spot for Dinosaur, so it's refreshing to see it get some care for once. At least they aren't taking individual animatronics out for work and replacing them with the infamous "dino head-on-a-stick."

Incomudro

Just rode Jurassic Park at Uni for the first time, followed by Dinosaur a couple of days later.
I was under the impression that JP was the superior ride.
Not even close.
Save for the T-rex at the end of JP, the ride was barren looking and the animatronics were pretty bad.
My whole family actually wound up thinking Dinosaur was better than how we remembered it after riding JP.

TeddyinMO

I don't think this timing is a coincidence. My prediction: This ride comes back up and then Everest goes down for an extended (6 months?) refurb either 10/1 or 1/10ish depending on the Avatar time line (they'll likely hold off til after the holidays if the timing allows). Both rides are then fresh and ready to go when Avatar opens. And, yes, I'll go as far to say Everest gets Yeti 2.0 (see the awesome new Matterhorn Yeti as an example) at that point. Kali gets an extra special clean up when it closes for winter. Everything else doesn't need much beyond what's been done already to add the night stuff.

My point is, they are going to want this park looking amazing when Avatar opens. I think the refurb of these rides is the next step.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom