Dinner reservations November 2020

Wellhello

Hey everyone!
My family (7 of us in total) are hoping to go do WDW in November. We’re waiting to book hotel/tickets to see

1) If Disney will even be open and running somewhat “normally” (anybody have thoughts on that?)

2) If they release any deals

My question is if I could book dinner reservations when I hit the 6 month mark without having booked a vacation package and if so, could I keep my dinner reservations once we book a package.

Thanks for any info!!!

Rob562

If you make dining reservations and then don't go on the trip, make sure to go back in and cancel all of them. Even if you do book and cancel a hotel reservation, your dining reservations won't be cancelled. You have to do it yourself. Otherwise you may find you get hit with no-show fees of $10 per person per reservation.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Wellhello

Original Poster
If you make dining reservations and then don't go on the trip, make sure to go back in and cancel all of them. Even if you do book and cancel a hotel reservation, your dining reservations won't be cancelled. You have to do it yourself. Otherwise you may find you get hit with no-show fees of $10 per person per reservation.

-Rob
Thanks for the reminder Rob! Hopefully it won’t come to that but with things so up in the air it would be easy to forgot to cancel if we canceled hotel/tickets. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

heapster411

Jumping in here. What about Candlelight Processional Dining Packages? Can those be cancelled prior to arrival without penalty?
Last year when we booked the Candlelight Processional Dining Package, we were automatically charged when we booked. Seems you would have to call to cancel, to make sure of reimbursement .

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
ANYONE can book a dining reservation.
You'll just have to do it one day at a time if you haven't booked a resort stay.
Yes you'll keep your dining reservations.
Keep in mind that if you make them and then end up not going its your responsibility to cancel them.

If you asked a month ago I would have said Disney would be back to normal by November but with how crazy the world has gotten I'm nolt so sure.
I plan to go mid November but also have not booked yet.

Upvote 0

Wellhello

Original Poster
You'll just have to do it one day at a time if you haven't booked a resort stay.
Keep in mind that if you make them and then end up not going its your responsibility to cancel them.

If you asked a month ago I would have said Disney would be back to normal by November but with how crazy the world has gotten I'm nolt so sure.
Thank you!
Our favorite time to go to Disney is the middle of November. My wife, daughter (2 y/o), and I usually like to go just the three of us but both sets of grandparents want to go this time so hopefully things will be back to somewhat “normal” by then.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

Same boat here...we have a 2 week November trip booked, and really not even sure now it will happen.
We already had to cancel first week of April this year..And really not sure by first week of November a trip will be possible or even open enough to feel safe and enjoyable!

We are from NJ too, which people associate with tons of cases and want to ban from Florida..although we are extreme southern NJ...cases are way lighter here...

Upvote 0

patsfan24

So, if you DO book a resort stay, you are allowed to make ADRs for the entire length of your trip? Even if all but the first day are >180 days out?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
So, if you DO book a resort stay, you are allowed to make ADRs for the entire length of your trip? Even if all but the first day are >180 days out?

Yes, for the days you are onsite for, up to 10 days. If you stay for longer, you wait a day to book day 11, and so on.

If you have a split stay, you can make them for each part at 180 days out from each check-in date.

Upvote 0

patsfan24

Did not know that tidbit! I have never booked my own trip and never actually tried many of the table service restaurants. Looking forward to taking my fiance and son who have never been before and showing them a little of the magic! Hoping to get them hooked

Upvote 0

DVCakaCarlF

I’m not one of these people, but there are travelers that book their vacations “around” the availability of their dining reservations. It would be wise to book those now, if you can.

I book mine around special events and when my kids are out of school, but, hey, that’s just me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom