dinner reservations at resort

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Typically no, but it will depend on when and where the reservation is.

If you have an ADR at Beaches N Cream on a random Tuesday, you will get waved through without a second thought. A dinner reservation at Kona Cafe on the 4th of July will be a very different matter.

I always pull up to the guard shack with my DL in hand and my confirmation number handy and have never had an issue.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
In recent times they have become much more strict on who is permitted to park. It is very likely they will ask for the name on the reservation, and they will verify it.

TrojanUSC

If we have a reservation at a resort do we need to show the confirmation at the resort guard gate?

Generally they just ask to see an ID (never quite clear on the reason for this) and wave you through. On busier days they will verify in the system, but I've only had that happen maybe three times in over 200+ dinners.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Generally they just ask to see an ID (never quite clear on the reason for this) and wave you through. On busier days they will verify in the system, but I've only had that happen maybe three times in over 200+ dinners.
ID so they have a record of who came through the gate in case there's a reason to need to know after the fact.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

SO FAR - not necessary :). But as things keep changing? Dear wife & I carry all Reservation Numbers on our Cell phones.
We can stuff the RES NUMBER at a Gate Guard anytime :).

Now, in fairness? We don't drive at WDW. We often take MEARS CABS to restaurants - and have never had any issue :).

Oh - off topic: Did you know that a Gate Guard can read your MB right through the glass window of a cab or car? Our WL Gate Guards (some of them) know this :).

HouCuseChickie

We drove to a number of our resort ADRs for our trip last December. On the earlier side of our trip, they were fine with just "we have a reservation," but towards the end (as we got closer to Christmas), they wanted our ADR confirm numbers and ID to verify that we actually had dining booked at their resort. Case in point...ADR at GF on day 1 we were let into the lot without question, but for ADR at GF on day 8 (Dec 23) I needed to give them info the ressie # and my ID.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We drove to a number of our resort ADRs for our trip last December. On the earlier side of our trip, they were fine with just "we have a reservation," but towards the end (as we got closer to Christmas), they wanted our ADR confirm numbers and ID to verify that we actually had dining booked at their resort. Case in point...ADR at GF on day 1 we were let into the lot without question, but for ADR at GF on day 8 (Dec 23) I needed to give them info the ressie # and my ID.

THAT is very good data :). Sounds like Dear Wife and I have not been overly paranoid :).

Before every trip? We pull up "My Plans" on the DCV Website, PRINT AS PDF, then load that PDF on our Cell Phones. This lets us bring up any RES # in a heartbeat - even if MDE is down.

Ted Daggett

On Sunday Dec 9, we had dinner reservations at 5:25 at Chef Mickey. We were staying at Universal, so we did not have magic bands.
The line to get into the parking lot was incredibly long.
They were only letting people into the Contemporary parking lot that had proof of hotel or restaurant reservations.
This was causing a huge delay. My only proof of our reservation was on the MyDisneyExperience app on my phone, which they accepted and let me in... but it took over 15 min for us to get through the gate guard line.
If you don't have magic bands with the reservation, you should print something out as proof.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

On Sunday Dec 9, we had dinner reservations at 5:25 at Chef Mickey. We were staying at Universal, so we did not have magic bands.
The line to get into the parking lot was incredibly long.
They were only letting people into the Contemporary parking lot that had proof of hotel or restaurant reservations.
This was causing a huge delay. My only proof of our reservation was on the MyDisneyExperience app on my phone, which they accepted and let me in... but it took over 15 min for us to get through the gate guard line.
If you don't have magic bands with the reservation, you should print something out as proof.

Specifically, at the Contemporary (and to a degree at the GF) - the "Gate Guard Approach" is fairly short :(.

This problem will fix itself, as traffic starts to back onto World Drive - and the buses can't get to the Contemporary Bus Gate - or potentially to the MK left turn lane :(.

imsosarah

THAT is very good data :). Sounds like Dear Wife and I have not been overly paranoid :).

Before every trip? We pull up "My Plans" on the DCV Website, PRINT AS PDF, then load that PDF on our Cell Phones. This lets us bring up any RES # in a heartbeat - even if MDE is down.

You can also just do screenshots and they will save in photos/pictures section - i'll do that and save it as my screen saver/home page for whatever is next so it is just there. (including the flight down)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom