Dinner Attire Questions

kucarachi

I was wondering what the dress codes were at some of the dining plan digs. Since Coral Reef has been downgraded from a signature restaraunt is it ok to wear theme park clothes, Such as (shorts, t shirt, ball cap, backpack). Or do you have to go back to the hotel and get cleaned up?

The California Grill i know is dress up, and now i even wonder about Cinderella's Royal Table since it is now a signature meal. Has anyone eaten at any of the above places lately?

And also we have never sampled any of the International Food and Wine offerings. Are they severly over priced or you can get a decent lunch or dinner for under $30.00 for 2?

DolFan

I have eaten at Coral Reef twice, and I have always worn the theme park type clothes. When you dine there you feel like you should be wearing something fancy, but I don't. I just wore the usual shorts, t shirt, and hat. I think the exception to the fancy rule is most Disney restaurants.

Upvote 0

Chape19714

1-Coral reef is Resort Casual, no problem, no need to go back and clean up

2-Cinderella's table is the same way, at least in my experiance

3-$30.00 for 2 should cover dinner just about anywhere with Counter service, like the F&W festival booths.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I believe the only place on property that requires anything other than casual attire is Victoria and Alberts at The Grand Floridian. It requires coat and tie.

The only other place that I am not sure about is the California Grille atop the Contemporary. I have never been there.

Upvote 0

doctorcfjh

I think the bottom line is that if it is in one of the parks then no one is going to expect you to go back and change. If it is one of the nicer resort restaurants such as California Grill, Artist Point, Jiko etc. then you will need to put on something a little smarter.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think the bottom line is that if it is in one of the parks then no one is going to expect you to go back and change. If it is one of the nicer resort restaurants such as California Grill, Artist Point, Jiko etc. then you will need to put on something a little smarter.

Not necessarily.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Many restaurants went to Business Casual the other summer. There have been a few threads (2 recently) about that change. A quick search will bring them up. There is debate on whether or not all of these restaurants (mostly signature, I believe) actually enforce that code.

Now I did not know that. Thanks for the info. :D

Upvote 0

Tim G

Many restaurants went to Business Casual the other summer. There have been a few threads (2 recently) about that change. A quick search will bring them up. There is debate on whether or not all of these restaurants (mostly signature, I believe) actually enforce that code.

Did the search for you... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/search.php?searchid=920026

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<!-- main error message -->
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.​

<!-- / main error message -->​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:D :D :D

Upvote 0

tigsmom

<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="70%"><tbody><tr><td class="tcat">vBulletin Message</td></tr><tr><td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<!-- main error message -->
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.​
<!-- / main error message -->​

</td></tr></tbody></table>

:D :D :D

:confused:

there is an entire page of threads that show up.

Upvote 0

monorailguy01

ever place in the world is short and T-shirt, there is no dress code. Unless you are eating at Vicky and Al's at the GF, Cali Grill at the Contemp. those are the olny 2 resturants I can think of that you might need to wear some slacks and a nice shirt. I ate in France and italy this past may and there was people in the resturants in suits and ties, and my friends and I walked in with shorts and T-shirts. So unless you plain on eathing at the Contemp. or the GF there is no dress code that I can think of.

And if there is just tell them your on vacation and dont want to dress up :lol: I highty dought they will kick you out but hey you never know

Upvote 0

tigsmom

ever place in the world is short and T-shirt, there is no dress code. Unless you are eating at Vicky and Al's at the GF, Cali Grill at the Contemp. those are the olny 2 resturants I can think of that you might need to wear some slacks and a nice shirt. I ate in France and italy this past may and there was people in the resturants in suits and ties, and my friends and I walked in with shorts and T-shirts. So unless you plain on eathing at the Contemp. or the GF there is no dress code that I can think of.

And if there is just tell them your on vacation and dont want to dress up :lol: I highty dought they will kick you out but hey you never know

Nope...

“business casual” requirement. The restaurants involved are:
  • Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
  • Flying Fish (BoardWalk)
  • California Grill (Contemporary)
  • Citricos and Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian)
  • Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club)
The restaurants are defining “business casual” as dress shorts, pants, jean pants, collared shirts, blouses and sweaters. Hats, swimsuits, swimsuit coveralls, tank tops, T-shirts, torn clothing and flip-flops are not permitted.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

V&A...Coat and Tie
CG.....Business Casual.......But you will still have people there in shorts looking like they are at cosmic rays waiting for their fastpasses for Winnie the Pooh to take effect. Not many but they will be there.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Nope...

The restaurants are defining “business casual” as dress shorts, pants, jean pants, collared shirts, blouses and sweaters. Hats, swimsuits, swimsuit coveralls, tank tops, T-shirts, torn clothing and flip-flops are not permitted.

Thanks for posting the list. I remember this year when they changed the rules for a few of the places. I guess not everyone heard about this. I just could not remember all the places affected.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Nope...

I would also add Bistro deParis which is also supposed to be Business Casual.

Now when mt DW and I were there for our anniversary in Junne we hit a few of these and many people had on just sweaty stinky clothes that they wore to the parks all day and also had loud tired cranky kids. :fork:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom