Dining :-)

figmentisgreat

Original Poster
So, for our trip, we are going 7 days - we do NOT have park hoppers. Taking this into account, how does this schedule look:?

Our first day (DHS) - hopefully they have EMH at night!! Going to park, then Chef Mickey's, then back to park (hopefully!) Our flight gets there at 2:10, so we should be able to get to the park around 4/5 ish. We will go for a couple of hours, then go to our reservation at around 7:30-ish. Then, we will hopefully be able to go back for EMH (or should we even bother going to the park? I would feel guilty letting a day go to waste!)

Anyhow, when we go to:
MK (first time) - Tony's
MK (second time) -
EPCOT (first time) - Le Cellier
EPCOT (second time) - Garden Grill
DHS -
AK - Tusker House

Then, we are definitely going to 1900 Park Fare on either the second MK day or the DHS day. Additionally, we are either going to go to Kona Cafe at Poly or the Liberate Your Appetite dinner at MK, but I can't decide. What do you think is better? Does everything look ok? What would you change?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
MK - Tony's gets mixed reviews. I happen to like it. :shrug: Second day I'd go with Crystal Palace or if you want really fancy, CRT.

DHS - I loved the Brown Derby but it's expensive. Hollywood & Vine is good.

As for wasting a day... a 7th or 8th day on a 6- or 7-day base ticket costs you a grand total of approximately $3.19 for each of you. Hardly anything in Disney will be as inexpensive as that extra day admission... :D Go to the park, enjoy! If you're tired after dinner it's no great loss to skip going back... :shrug:

Disneybird

Kona Cafe is very good. I have eaten there twice and enjoyed it both times.
From DHS, you could also walk or boat over to the Beach Club and eat at Cape May one evening then go back to the park.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So, for our trip, we are going 7 days - we do NOT have park hoppers. Taking this into account, how does this schedule look:?

Our first day (DHS) - hopefully they have EMH at night!! Going to park, then Chef Mickey's, then back to park (hopefully!) Our flight gets there at 2:10, so we should be able to get to the park around 4/5 ish. We will go for a couple of hours, then go to our reservation at around 7:30-ish. Then, we will hopefully be able to go back for EMH (or should we even bother going to the park? I would feel guilty letting a day go to waste!)

Anyhow, when we go to:
MK (first time) - Tony's
MK (second time) -
EPCOT (first time) - Le Cellier
EPCOT (second time) - Garden Grill
DHS -
AK - Tusker House

Then, we are definitely going to 1900 Park Fare on either the second MK day or the DHS day. Additionally, we are either going to go to Kona Cafe at Poly or the Liberate Your Appetite dinner at MK, but I can't decide. What do you think is better? Does everything look ok? What would you change?

I think Tony's is okay. I would do Crystal Palace for sure and if you can, I would do CRT rather then Tony's. As for DHS - i'm not a fan of any TS there - I would skip and go to a resort instead - 1900 Park like you suggested. Yak and Yeti is also very good at AK! :slurp:

sarabi

What's your transportation situation?

I think going from DHS alll the way to Chef Mickey's and back might be a long trip.

I would suggest doing Chef Mickey's on your second MK day (just a short walk to the Contemporary).

On your first day at DHS, you might want to try a Boardwalk area restaurant like Cape May or even Flying Fish (just a short walk or boat ride). Or even a restaurant at DHS, like 50s Prime Time.

I know Tony's gets poor reviews, but if you see it during the 3 o'clock parade from the porch, it's the best meal ever.

TinkSassy

You may want to rethink Chef Mickey's this first day - it's a long trek to the contemporary from DHS. You need to take the bus to the TTC and then hop the monorail. I'd plan at least 45 minutes that time of the day to get there. It's really easy to get to from MK and pretty easy from Epcot.

If you decide to bypass the park that day - I'd check in to your hotel go to Chef Mickey's and then ride the monorail around to the Grand Floridian. If you walk to the ferry pier there is a bench with a good view of Wishes

yankspy

What's your transportation situation?

I think going from DHS alll the way to Chef Mickey's and back might be a long trip.

I would suggest doing Chef Mickey's on your second MK day (just a short walk to the Contemporary).

On your first day at DHS, you might want to try a Boardwalk area restaurant like Cape May or even Flying Fish (just a short walk or boat ride). Or even a restaurant at DHS, like 50s Prime Time.

I know Tony's gets poor reviews, but if you see it during the 3 o'clock parade from the porch, it's the best meal ever.
I was thinking the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom