Dining suggestions for Uni/IOA?

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
My family is heading to Uni/IOA during our next Orlando trip (12 days!) and I was wondering if you have any suggestions for lunch/dinner.

I had a terrible experience at Mel's last time we were there (a bird dive bombed between my back and the seat of the booth. I was thoroughly freaked out) and would like to avoid any similar experience.

Thanks!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I loved Bubba Gump. I've heard great things about Mythos, though I haven't eaten there myself.

T-1MILLION

Most sit down CityWalk locations are good or great. Just avoid the obvious fast food like locations and you are fine.

Mel's is insane, small and quick service. I understand the frustration factor.

For Universal Studios try out Finnegan's Bar and Grille. It is sort of an Irish Pup of sorts. They also have kids menus as well that I think are a little more general to make sure the little ones can enjoy it as well. The service is usually great and the atmosphere can sometimes be laid back. Live musician often in there when I go as well. Its a little more bar and pub than many theme park dining, but its a good sit down service.

At IOA I would say give Mythos a try. It can get very busy but I believe you are going at a good time since its right after the holiday rush. Get there for an early dinner and I think you should be fine.

What makes that resturant great is the quality of the food at a theme park for the price. Don't expect the best meal you ever ate, but expect well cooked food with service. The views of the park are what makes it for me both in the seating areas of the resturant from the windows as well as the theming behind the resturant when you can walk out over the bridges and view the statu of Atlas holding the resturant up. Some neat detailed rockwork back there and great photo ops.

I hope you enjoy your trip!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Love Bubbas, has the best value Margaritas. Margaritaville is good, Hard Rock or Pastamore. Mythos is indeed a great theme park restaurant we ate early and got in without a booking, but in thes Potter days Id say a booking was essential. There are good places to eat in the resort hotels too.

T-1MILLION

Love Bubbas, has the best value Margaritas. Margaritaville is good, Hard Rock or Pastamore. Mythos is indeed a great theme park restaurant we ate early and got in without a booking, but in thes Potter days Id say a booking was essential. There are good places to eat in the resort hotels too.

Big time agree on that one. I enjoy The Kitchen at the Hard Rock Hotel. Best breakfast buffet I have ever had.

Pumbas Nakasak

We have a meal there each stay too, though the last two stays we stayed Club so we didnt have a breakfast but had a dinner.

The Palm is excellent for an adult meal.

JROK

Islands of Adventure
  • Thunder Falls Terrace (quick-service, chicken)
  • <SUP></SUP>Confisco Grille (full-service, great selection)
  • Three Broomsticks (mixed-service, British feast)
  • Mythos (upscale full-service)
Universal Studios
  • Beverly Hills Boulangerie (quick-service croissant sandwiches)
  • Finnegan's Bar and Grill (full-service Irish Pub)
  • Lombard's Seafood Grille (Upscale full-service seafood)
Of those selections, my favorites are Confisco and Finnegan's, although lately I've been grabbing sandwiches at the Beverly Hills Boulangerie.

s8film40

If your going to spend a whole day, I would suggest getting the Meal Plan. This way you can eat at several of the places and if you get something you don't like you can get something else.

Mouse Man

Really just leave and go to WDW where there is more great food and resteraunts to be had then any IOA or Uni has to offer. Or you can eat at HP themed resteraunt three Drum sticks

ScorpionX

At Universal Studios Orlando, go to Finnegan's and Classic Monsters. At UIOA, go to Mytho's and Three Broomsticks Do NOT go to Burger Digs. Complete garbage!

Pumbas Nakasak

Really just leave and go to WDW where there is more great food and resteraunts to be had then any IOA or Uni has to offer. Or you can eat at HP themed resteraunt three Drum sticks

Youre going to have to step your game up a bit its all a bit clichéd now.

aka_emilicious

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Dad is a huge Jimmy Buffett fan (and everyone is 21+), so Margaritaville is a must now. I'll be sure to keep this thread handy while I'm there for easy reference!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom