Dining Suggestions for a Honeymooning Couple

luvtink

Original Poster
I need your suggestions for dining. I am the designated honeymoon planner for my cousin. They are 23 and have never been to Disney other than through a school trip. I am thinking Bon Voyage and also 1900 dinner. Ariel and Flynn Ryder are favorite characters and the sisters are fun at 1900. I’m leaning towards ‘Ohana and Boma for the other two meals but would like to hear other suggestions for the honeymooning couple? Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

zurgandfriend

I recommend the California Grill for the food, the view and watching the fireworks from the roof of the Contemporary. I also recommend a character meal, as you mentioned 1900 Park Fare is good or possibly Chef Mickey’s. Whispering Canyon or 50’s Prime Time Café may be fun for them as well.

JIMINYCR

I suggest you look at the restaurant reviews and menus that are available in the forum to give you help. Asking for suggestions is difficult to answer because so many people have different likes and dislikes and experiences. If you know what your honeymooners tastes and appetites are like you can narrow down the options depending on what you know about them and whats offerred in each restaurant. 1900 Park Faire is a buffet, it can be kind of noisy with kids but the characters will typically be able to spend more time and attention with guests. Epcot restaurants are generally a better level of dining than other park options. MK has BOG, which has the West Wing, which is more intimate. That needs to be requested when checking in. Dining at the Castle is expensive but would make a nice addition to a honeymoon because of the atmosphere.

Room service.
LOL... Parks? ... You mean there were parks?

SeaCastle

In terms of mood rather than cuisine: a quiet waterside table at San Angel Inn, Jiko, Narcooossee's, or Flying Fish

bigkbull

My wife and I went to the California Grill for our wedding night dinner. It was a perfect night. I surprised my wife with it and made sure to book a time shortly before the fireworks. We went down about 45 min early and said we just got married and were hoping for a window seat. They were very nice and said they would do their best to get us one. Since we were super early if gave them time to do whatever they had to do. We got amazing seats and my new wife absolutely loved it. She's a HUGE fan of fireworks.

DonnaBell

Were ever you decide on be sure to were the "I am celebrating" pins. The staff offers perks to guest that are celebrating something special.

aliceismad

Is there a reason all of the restaurants chosen are at resorts rather than parks? Will they enjoy having to leave the room parks to eat? Will they miss fireworks, etc., because they're at resorts during showtime? Just curious.

piglet21

If they are somewhat adventurous eaters I highly recommend Jiko! My husband and I dined there for our anniversary and it was easily one of the most romantic meals we’ve had in Disney. The service was impeccable, the wine selection was impressive, and the food was absolutely delicious!

Hockey89

Having just come back from a Honeymoon here were our favorites in terms of food and romantic atmosphere:
Jiko
Le Ceilier Steakhouse
Ohana (super romantic, make sure to walk along the beach before or after the meal)

These had great food but were all about the fun and experience:
Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast (definitely a must do for Honeymoon, it doesn't get better than starting off your Honeymoon inside the Castle with all the princesses wishing you the best)
Sci-Fi Dine In (this one is so much fun!)

Honorable Mention:
Sanaa Lunch - Amazing food while you view animals from the Savanah.

This was the only restaurant we did not like:
California Grill - Food was bland and didn't have much flavor, atmosphere was generic and looked like any other restaurant.

I saw you mention Boma. We went for breakfast and thought it was OK and enjoyed it but it wasn't anything special in our opinion, just your standard breakfast buffet.

In our experience it worked out great to have fun places as well as fancy places, it helps make things interesting.

Definitely have them where their celebrating pins as you will have a lot of nice conversations and congratulations when wearing them. Depending on your server at your restaurant they may do something special for you too!
How could you call Le Ceilier romantic... You liked being packed in like sardines with marginal steak?

correcaminos

I'd honestly shy away from all the buffets. While characters are fun, this is a honeymoon too. I would likely do only one character meal if they are having so few. Buffets are not great values for adults truthfully. I would consider a place at Grand Floridian (dependent on likes since there are several options beyond 1900). A table by the water at Spice Road is super quiet and romantic feeling with fantastic foods and drinks. Sanaa or Jiko are fantastic choices too as is Tiffins at AK.

James J

In the Parks
No
Were ever you decide on be sure to were the "I am celebrating" pins. The staff offers perks to guest that are celebrating something special.

They may do a little something for you, but it's never something to expect. I got engaged during my October trip and we had the celebration pins, and the only places we got anything additional were California Grill and Jiko. Our server gave us a free glass of champagne each at CG, and we got a little piece of chocolate each at dessert with 'Congratuations' written on at Jiko. Lots of congratulations said to us by CM's at the other restaurants and around the parks though!

Hockey89

Was not packed or cramped feeling at all. Very spacious and open in fact. Great atmosphere and steak was amazing as was the sides and poutine. Lovely meal and very special for a honeymoon.

Maybe the seating configuration is different from when you last went? It was incredibly spaced out between each table.
Was not packed or cramped feeling at all. Very spacious and open in fact. Great atmosphere and steak was amazing as was the sides and poutine. Lovely meal and very special for a honeymoon.

Maybe the seating configuration is different from when you last went? It was incredibly spaced out between each table.
That screams romance.... Please... The steaks are below average...

Attachments

• Romantic.jpg
    Romantic.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 163

BASS

I'll throw one out that hasn't been mentioned: Bluezoo at the Dolphin. It's very adult-ish. It has a Las Vegas type decor. It's also quieter than most of the restaurants mentioned here since it's off-property and is quite pricey.

As far as food, I'm a big fan of Jiko and Flying Fish which have already been mentioned.

Hockey89

I'll throw one out that hasn't been mentioned: Bluezoo at the Dolphin. It's very adult-ish. It has a Las Vegas type decor. It's also quieter than most of the restaurants mentioned here since it's off-property and is quite pricey.

As far as food, I'm a big fan of Jiko and Flying Fish which have already been mentioned.
All good options... I had a very nice meal at Bluezoo this past summer... Place wasn't that busy either...

correcaminos

Technically on property - just in a non-Disney run resort. It's very nice there. Actually all in the area are great (Il Mulino and Shula's)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom