dining reservation cancellation periods

NickPytlinski

If the app lets you cancel. Cancel with the app. Usually you can any time the day before. But if it lets you do it day-of... do it.

If the app doesn't let you cancel, you have two options:

1. Call and politely explain you can't make it. CMs almost certainly won't charge you. They just want to know you're not showing up. If they're running behind anyway (which happens often), or they have walk-ups, it's no issue for them that you don't show up. It's just they'd like to know.​
2. In the app, move the reservation to a later day. And then, after an appropriate amount of time longer than one second, realize you can't make that time, either. So, you cancel through the app.​

this

CarolynFH

How do I find out how late I can cancel a reservation without penalty? I don't plan on cancelling the ones I have, but when you travel with little kids, plans change. If it's needed, we have reservations at the following restaurants: Tony's Town Square, Teppan Edo, Crystal Palace Buffet, Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella's Happily Ever After) and Hollywood & Vine (Minnie's Seasonal Dine and Fantasmic).
Your question is how to find out how late you can cancel without penalty. Most restaurants have the one-day restriction, but some have longer. Check the email confirmation page - at the bottom, under Guest Policies, it will tell you how far in advance you have to cancel for that restaurant. That information also appears online when you're making the reservation, just above where you click to confirm it.

Club Cooloholic

You have to figure with virtual waiting now an option they should simply do two things.
Get rid of the fee(they can fill the spot pretty quickly with virtual waiting, if someone doesn't check in within 15 mins of their reservation they lose it(maybe they can add an option to push the reservation back a half hour of running late on a ride).
Next, make the whole party have to be listed so that a couple can't each separately make two ressies and then just decide where they want to eat and skip the other, which would happen if they got rid of the fee.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom