Dining question?

goffer630

Original Poster
let me start by saying hello to everyone. i am a new member to this website, but i am a HUGE Disney fan! I have an upcoming trip to disney world (Dec 16-21) with my family and my mom has requested that one night we are there tha we go and have a nice dinner at a nice restaurant, the only problem is that we have never done that before and since i plan the trips i have been given the duty of finding a nice restaurant. i was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions on a good place..? My family likes italian food and american stuff (like hamburgers). I was thinking somewhere in Downtown Disney, but i am open to anything. Thanks!

tracyandalex

hey,welcome to the boards!!!we really like fulton's crab house, alfredo di roma, and 50's prime time cafe. good luck and have a great trip.tracy & alex

Tim G

Fulton's Crab House (Downtown Disney)
Le Cellier (EPCOT)
Citricos (Grand Floridian)
California Grill (Contemporary)

WDWHeadBanger

Alfredo de Roma in Italy is the best Italian food you will ever have!! If you are looking for more upper class, the Calfornia Grill on top of the Cotemporary is great.

dandaman

Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary (note: The bill for 4 people exceeded $200 at dinner)

ESPN Club at Boardwalk (best restaurant on property, in my opinion)

KHockett

I would agree with Le Cellier as a great option or Alfredo's - we go there almost every trip. Also, Brown Derby at MGM is delicious. If you like Mediterranean (not too exotic) Spoodles is also great. Have fun!

Laura

Premium Member
One of my favorite hamburger joints was Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club. It's VERY small, only a handful of tables, but the food and service were excellent. It serves the typical hot dogs, burgers, fries, and ice cream!

HunnyPot

I would also recommend Alfredo's in Italy at Epcot. It's one of our favorite spots, and we eat there on all our trips to WDW!

tink rules

If you want to go to the parks for a nice restaurant, you can check the menus on the dining section of www.allearsnet.com Deb has all or at least really close to all the menu's there. It helps to find something everyone likes.

As far as my choices?

Grand Floridian - Citricos - the food and the atmosphere is great!!!

Polynesian - Ohana - It's fun and the price isn't that bad about $25 a person with special drinks extra.

DTD - Fultons Crab House. Everything is brought in fresh daily and it's really good, but pricey.

I also hear good things about the Yachtsman's Steakhouse at the Yacht Club, Spoodles at the Boardwalk and Boma at the Animal Kingdom (that's a buffet)

BTW... just re read the post... if you are going with different members of your family, age wise... check out Ohana. If you have kids in your group - they have games and sing alongs etc. It's really fun and you can see the castle from the restaurant.

Hope that helps...

:xmas:

Nanuzabi

I personally love the Coral Reef and Cinderella's Royal Table. Check out the menus though, but the ambience is worth the it alone.

Bel Geddes Gal

Since it is a family group, I'd pick one of the buffets or family-service meals, pay one price and everyone gets a choice of what they want. Some of my favorites:

Boma's at AKL- great selection of wonderful foods, some more adventurous than others, plus some great choice for the kids. Plus, everyone loves going to the AKL to see the animals and beautiful resort.

O'hana'a at Poly- I haven't been since they've changed their menu, but this is always a great family place. Yummy sides to go with the meat selection.

Liberty Tree Tavern- character meal at MK with traditional holiday food- turkey, stuffing, veggies, the works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom