Rumor Dining plans coming to Disneyland?

Emmanuel

Original Poster
I was checking the Disneyland app and I noticed that Docking Bay 7 and Rontos Roasters has a list for "Accepted Dining Plans". Aware that Dining Plans is something offered at WDW, is this hinting that DLR might see this next year or is this a possible mistake by someone that was supposed to put this in the MDE app for WDW?

D.Silentu

I'm not sure there is a market for such a thing at Disneyland. Perhaps the website accidentally conflated the Disney World version.

TP2000

There's only 2,500 Disney owned hotel rooms in Anaheim. But there are 28,000 non-Disney owned hotel rooms in Anaheim's Resort District. 28,000 hotel rooms within walking distance of Disneyland that Disney doesn't control.

That's because, smart Floridians are so wise to remind us, Disneyland is only a small locals-only park. 🙄

If this isn't a typo on the App, then whatever "Dining Plan" they come up with for Disneyland in 2020 will be very different from the WDW version aimed at the 30,000 Disney owned hotel rooms there.

Darkbeer1

The DLR had a Dining Plan for decades, sold through The WDTC packages, but they didn't save anything.

>>Disneyland has dining vouchers compared to Walt Disney World’s Dining Plan. The Disneyland dining package is called “Dine in the Magic,” which contain prepaid vouchers and not dining credits. Each of these vouchers have a specific face value and no change is given if your meal is less than the voucher.<<

They stopped offering them recently, so Disney might. And since the WDTC packages, which get rebranded as Costco, AAA, Get Away Today, etc., offer many off property hotels, a better designed plan using the upgraded computer systems might be a decent deal.

Darkbeer1

Here are my memories of the old plan.

You got 4 vouchers Say, a $15 Breakfast, $15 Lunch, $10 Snack and $20 Dinner one for $60 dollars.

You had to buy them for the entire package stay, say 4 days worth.

Vouchers were in park only, no hotel or DTD options.

No change, so you had to do the math in your head, and with prices at least 10 years ago, you usually got more food than you could eat.

Many folks didn't use all 4, and even if they did, they didn't use the full value of each voucher. So you paid $60 for less than $60 of food, and HAD to eat in the park for all meals.

It just plain sucked. Almost any internet planner, travel agent, other people's suggestions, said Don't Buy the DLR plans. (Many still recommended the WDW version, as it was much more flexible and could save you some money.)

I remember guests giving me their extras (the expiration date was fairly quick), which was nice for me, but I also got the stories and saying never again. And I could usually get two meals worth of food from one voucher, just knowing the menus and good deals.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was checking the Disneyland app and I noticed that Docking Bay 7 and Rontos Roasters has a list for "Accepted Dining Plans". Aware that Dining Plans is something offered at WDW, is this hinting that DLR might see this next year or is this a possible mistake by someone that was supposed to put this in the MDE app for WDW?

View attachment 407753
This must have been an App update error as it doesn't show on my DLR App now. It does however show up on the WDW App.

So no I don't think dining plans are coming (back) to DLR.

Emmanuel

Original Poster
This must have been an App update error as it doesn't show on my DLR App now. It does however show up on the WDW App.

So no I don't think dining plans are coming (back) to DLR.

Yeah it was removed so it doesn't show on the DLR app anymore. So likely it was an error to place it on the DLR app in the first place. Although since DLR has been getting things from WDW like mobile ordering and the Maxpass version of FP+ makes me wonder if Dining plans would make its way back to DLR in some form.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah it was removed so it doesn't show on the DLR app anymore. So likely it was an error to place it on the DLR app in the first place. Although since DLR has been getting things from WDW like mobile ordering and the Maxpass version of FP+ makes me wonder if Dining plans would make its way back to DLR in some form.
I doubt it, as several have pointed out DLR used to have a dining plan and it didn't work out. So no at this point there is no indication or even benefit for them to try to bring it back. It was just plain and simple an App update pushed to the DLR servers when it should have been pushed to the WDW servers, it was an error.

dlr74

This was just a glitch. That drop-down menu was meant to be put on the WDW app's pages for Ronto Roasters and Docking Bay 7 but were uploaded to the DLR app instead. It was fixed by the next morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom