Dining Plan required for All party members?

disneyfool_1202

Original Poster
We are headed to WDW in May - 3 adults and 2 children 2 and under. My husband and MIL would be good candidates for WDS Dining plan but I'm having gastric bypass surgery in Feb and won't be able to eat other than a few bites of a kids meal. Does anyone know if all members in a party need to get the dining plan or can we just purchase 2 (my kids aren't old enough).

New2WDW

disneyfool_1202 said:
We are headed to WDW in May - 3 adults and 2 children 2 and under. My husband and MIL would be good candidates for WDS Dining plan but I'm having gastric bypass surgery in Feb and won't be able to eat other than a few bites of a kids meal. Does anyone know if all members in a party need to get the dining plan or can we just purchase 2 (my kids aren't old enough).

Unless something has changed since October, everyone in the room must be on the same package! (tickets & dining plan) If you are in two rooms then put 2 adults on one package and put yourself in the other room without the Dining Plan. Hope this helps and have fun on your vacation after your successful surgery!:wave:

ArielBelle

disneyfool_1202 said:

You know, I was actually thinking the same thing recently..now that DDP is available for DVC members, but my mother had gastric bypass a few years ago and usually orders a very small portion, or shares from ours. Would any exception be made for people with special circumstances like hers? It would be great for my Dad myself and little sister...but not at all worth the money for my mom. :veryconfu

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You'll get a pool of meals.

They're not assigned to a particular person.

In short, they can eat like crazy on you ;)

About the bypass - any discount/non-payment for things like buffets/family-style meals will be decided by the manager at a restaurant at the time at their discretion.

lawyergirl77

mousermerf said:
You'll get a pool of meals.

They're not assigned to a particular person.

In short, they can eat like crazy on you ;)

About the bypass - any discount/non-payment for things like buffets/family-style meals will be decided by the manager at a restaurant at the time at their discretion.
Merf has a good point - yes, everyone in the same room must be on the Dining Plan, but because credits aren't assigned to one particular person, her credits could be used by the others at the Two-Coupon Restaurants (i.e. you could go and eat at Artist Point, Jiko, the California Grill etc.) and you wouldn't have to skip a table service meal in order to do so...

That alone may still make it worth your while to opt for the meal plan!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom