Dining Plan Question

jandcprince

Original Poster
I see then new dining plan has 1 snack, 1 table service and 1 fast food option, has Disney totaly done away with the older plan that let you eat whereever you wanted?

HunnyPot

jandcprince said:
I see then new dining plan has 1 snack, 1 table service and 1 fast food option, has Disney totaly done away with the older plan that let you eat whereever you wanted?

I will be using the dining plan for the first time in 14 days, and I've never used any other type of dining plan, so I'm not sure what the old one was like. BUT, I do know that you can eat at any Disney restaurant with the new plan, with only a select few places counting as 2 sit down meals. There is no specific menu for dining plan users, you eat from the same menu anyone coming in without the plan would use also.

As far as I know, yes, the old plan is no longer available, but the Disney Dining card for annual passholders is still available.

Hope this helps!

octoberbarry

On the premium plan you can eat wherever you want, with the exception of the super fancy place in the GF, and there are quite a few other perks as well, but you'll pay the $$$ for that plan...

DiPSU224

jandcprince said:

I'm assuming when you say the "older plan" you are talking about the silver and platinum plans from a few years ago? I'm pretty sure they are done with but I think that with an exception of maybe a handful of restaurants, you can still eat pretty much where you'd like. Like previous posters said, some of the nicer restaurants still take up 2 points.

We just booked this dining plan for the first time since the older plans and am I misunderstanding that this plan includes on alcoholic beverage for the sit down meal?

PigletIsMyCat

The only dining plans available are the Disney Dining Plan add on, the Premium Package add on, and the Platinum Package add on. These options MUST be added on to a Magic Your Way package (including hotel/park tickets). DDP allows one snack, one counter service meal, and one table service meal at over 100 restaurants per night of your stay (not one per day - one per night).
The Premium add on allows you to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner per night at the same restaurants, but also includes the Park Hopper option and the Water Park Fun and More options, and includes unlimited use of selected recreation, admission to Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba™ and more.
The Platinum Package is everything the Premium package is PLUS pre-arrival planning service, a fireworks cruise, seats at Fantasmic!, certain spa treatments, room service, and the opportunity to dine at Victoria & Albert's.

But you will pay an arm and a leg for all that stuff. Don't forget that the MYW Plus pack including Park Hopping and the Water Park Fun and More is available for FREE for travel Jan - March.

EDIT: The counter service meal includes entree, dessert or one complete combo meal, and non-alcoholic beverage, and the table service meal includes appetizer, entree, dessert or full buffet and non-alcoholic beverage as well as gratuity. Children 3 - 9 must choose from children's menu if available. Also, no alcohol is served anywhere in the Magic Kingdom.

PigletIsMyCat

Straight from Official WDW Site...

Dining
With the Magic Your Way Platinum Package, you won't have to worry about how much you'll spend for each meal — even your gratuities are included where applicable. In fact, all you have to decide is what you want to eat and where! The Magic Your Way Platinum Package includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and one light snack per person, per night.

Choose from selected Walt Disney World® Resort table-service and counter-service restaurants including Signature Dining Experience restaurants, award winning Victoria & Albert's restaurant, room service, Disney Character dining, Disney dinner shows and more.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageDetail?id=PackageDetailMYWPlat06Page

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom