Dining Plan Query

SteveUK

I am going with family in early May. The flights, hotel and tickets have all been booked and paid for. I wasn't involved in planning the details. I have been looking at the dining plan, and it seems a good deal.

My question is - if it wasn't part of the original booking, is there any way I can add it now, or purchase it as a separate 'item', as you perhaps would buy a ticket? An could I do it for just some of the people?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I am going with family in early May. The flights, hotel and tickets have all been booked and paid for. I wasn't involved in planning the details. I have been looking at the dining plan, and it seems a good deal.

My question is - if it wasn't part of the original booking, is there any way I can add it now, or purchase it as a separate 'item', as you perhaps would buy a ticket? An could I do it for just some of the people?

You can add it on to the tickets at any time. If you only do it for some of the people it does become more complicated, because you have to make it clear to your server right away and make sure it is kept straight. If you enjoy dining as part of your visit, it is definitely worthwhile.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

The Disney Dining Plan is part of the Magic Your Way Plus Dine Vacation Package, and cannot be purchased separately*. This package includes a stay at a Disney owned and operated resort, a Magic Your Way Ticket of your choice, and the Disney Dining Plan for the length of the stay, sold together at a package price. Everyone in the same room must be on the same package with the same MYW ticket options.

You may upgrade your room-only reservation to this vacation package anytime up to 3 days prior to arrival. You will need to re-purchase your park tickets with the package, but will be able to contact WDW Ticket Services to refund your unused MYW ticket purchased separately by giving them your new Package reservation number. They will instruct you on how to ship your original tickets back to acquire your refund.

* Disney Vacation Club Members may add the Disney Dining Plan to Reservation without a ticket purchase when staying at DVC Resort and using their vacation point for their stay. This package must be added by DVC Member Services at least 3 days prior to arrival, and must be included for everyone in the room.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The Disney Dining Plan is part of the Magic Your Way Plus Dine Vacation Package, and cannot be purchased separately*. This package includes a stay at a Disney owned and operated resort, a Magic Your Way Ticket of your choice, and the Disney Dining Plan for the length of the stay, sold together at a package price. Everyone in the same room must be on the same package with the same MYW ticket options.

You may upgrade your room-only reservation to this vacation package anytime up to 3 days prior to arrival. You will need to re-purchase your park tickets with the package, but will be able to contact WDW Ticket Services to refund your unused MYW ticket purchased separately by giving them your new Package reservation number. They will instruct you on how to ship your original tickets back to acquire your refund.

* Disney Vacation Club Members may add the Disney Dining Plan to Reservation without a ticket purchase when staying at DVC Resort and using their vacation point for their stay. This package must be added by DVC Member Services at least 3 days prior to arrival, and must be included for everyone in the room.

Yea, what he said!
The duck has spoken! :lol:

Upvote 0

SteveUK

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like too much hassle, as I'm not really too bothered, just looking at options. Thanks for the advice about making reservation soon though, I will definitely start looking into that.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Sounds like too much hassle, as I'm not really too bothered, just looking at options.

I don't think that saving money can be "too much hassle". If you're going to be at WDW for virtually every day of your trip I'd look into it - get your travel agent to really start earning their commission

Upvote 0

Fiona1188

SteveUK,

Going to Florida for 3 weeks in September POR (flying from Glasgow), we did get the dining plan free, but had to buy the 3 week Disney Ticket from our Travel Agent to get it.
(First Choice) the cost was £212 each. We could have got the 3 week ticket cheaper buying from Disney direct - but.....we did receive the dining plan for free and thought it was worth it. To be honest we would would have bought the Dining Plan anyway as I felt it was a good deal.

Upvote 0

SteveUK

Original Poster
I don't think that saving money can be "too much hassle". If you're going to be at WDW for virtually every day of your trip I'd look into it - get your travel agent to really start earning their commission

If I would be saving a lot, I would agree. But we would not be having an 'expensive' meal every evening, and therefore would not get the full value. There will be some days where we will spend much less than $38 on food. I was trying to work out if it would save money, and based on the amount spent on previous trips, I don't think there would be a significant saving.

I think the plan would work very well if we were using it to the maximum allowance each day, but I have health issues meaning some days I eat very little, and therefore I don't think I would appreciate the full value of the deal.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom