Dining plan menu question for kids

hedgewick

Original Poster
My family will be using the Dining plan on our trip in September. I've never used it but it looks like a great deal. The biggest complaint I have about it however is that it states that children must order off the children's menu if available. I've noticed that most of the children's meals are the same type of food at all the resturants (chicken fingers, pizza, hot dogs, mac & cheese). I realize that most kids love this sort of food and I'm glad to see it offered. However, I find it really disapointing that more adventurous eaters can't try something interesting from the adult menu or at least have it offered for kids.

Does anyone know if it's possible to order an adult appatizar for a 4 year old instead of a child's meal if there is something he wants. The price should be about the same so that shouldn't be the issue. Or, do they give you a hard time if you want to share your food with the child?

Yellow Shoes

My guess is that because of the way the system is configured that you cannot order an appetizer instead of a child's meal on the dining plan.

You could, however, order the appetizer and pay cash. Let your server know this up front. Of course, children can eat anything at a buffet.

I have never experienced nor heard of anyone running into a problem with sharing meals at WDW.

There will be plenty of food if you want to share an adult meal with a child.

Ausdaddy

It depends on the restaurant. At Tony's, our server offered to let my children order an adult appetizer instead of a child's appetizer. They still got the children's entree on top of it. Also, I noticed that many of the better restaurants had, at least, 1 unique item for the kids. Le Cellier had steak, for example.

hedgewick

Original Poster
Ausdaddy said:
It depends on the restaurant. At Tony's, our server offered to let my children order an adult appetizer instead of a child's appetizer. They still got the children's entree on top of it. Also, I noticed that many of the better restaurants had, at least, 1 unique item for the kids. Le Cellier had steak, for example.

That's great to know. We don't have reservations there but it may be worth checking other places to see if this is possible. Thanks.

LaughingGravy

whatnext said:
Are children under three free with the plan ?

No, you have to buy the children someplace else, or bring your own.
Some parents might be willing to give away teenagers with attitudes, temporarily.:lol:

Anthony95

LaughingGravy said:
No, you have to buy the children someplace else, or bring your own.
Some parents might be willing to give away teenagers with attitudes, temporarily.:lol:

lmao :lol:

signed, anthony95's mom reading and posting under anthony95's name

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom