Dining / Park Reservations / Hopping

higgipoker

Original Poster
Hi folks,

What is the latest policy regarding dining reservations and park hopping? When I booked initially, I was advised to only book restaurants in the park we had a reservation for that day because it might not be possible to park hop due to crowds/capacity. But recently saw a video suggesting that a dining reservation got you in regardless.

Anyone know anything difinitive on this? Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
Hi folks,

What is the latest policy regarding dining reservations and park hopping? When I booked initially, I was advised to only book restaurants in the park we had a reservation for that day because it might not be possible to park hop due to crowds/capacity. But recently saw a video suggesting that a dining reservation got you in regardless.

Anyone know anything difinitive on this? Thanks!
A dining reservation will not guarantee you get in.

However there has only been one day since park reservations were introduced that hopping was suspended, and that was only for a few hours on October 1st at MK.

So it’s highly unlikely you’ll have a problem, unless you’re thinking of hopping to MK on July 4th or NYE for example.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
A dining reservation grantees nothing.
However for the most part if you have a park hopper and your dining reservation is after 2pm at the park you will hop to you will highly likely have no issues.
Having a park hopper is the key to hopping for a dining reservation not the dining reservation itself.

Gran Fiesta

A dining reservation will not guarantee you get in.

However there has only been one day since park reservations were introduced that hopping was suspended, and that was only for a few hours on October 1st at MK.

So it’s highly unlikely you’ll have a problem, unless you’re thinking of hopping to MK on July 4th or NYE for example.
I’m assuming this is still the case that it was only suspended on October 1st last year? I was just making sure because I have dining reservations in other parks than what I have the park reservation for just like the original poster

heapster411

A dining reservation grantees nothing.
However for the most part if you have a park hopper and your dining reservation is after 2pm at the park you will hop to you will highly likely have no issues.
Having a park hopper is the key to hopping for a dining reservation not the dining reservation itself.
last year during the Candlelight Processional Dining Plan Fiasco, when i did get my ADR for the Biergarten, it used my park hopper to add us to the park reservation system after 2:00PM. It popped up on MDE.

Chi84

Premium Member
last year during the Candlelight Processional Dining Plan Fiasco, when i did get my ADR for the Biergarten, it used my park hopper to add us to the park reservation system after 2:00PM. It popped up on MDE.
Your MDE showed two park reservations for the same day, but one for after 2pm?

heapster411

Your MDE showed two park reservations for the same day, but one for after 2pm?
After 2PM. My original park reservation was MK. It was hectic last year getting ADR for the Candlelight Processional Dining Package for the Biergarten. Took many tries to get it, and when I did get it, the system put the 2nd park reservation on MDE. I think since I had to pay in advance for the CP dining package, they HAD to put a park reservation down for us. It would be kinda messed up if I had to pay in advance and not be allowed in the park. So, since this was, I believe 34 days before I arrived at the world, you could call it a park reservation. That's how my old brain looks at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom