Dining choices

jchriscandy

Original Poster
Not having been to very many restaurants at Disney, I was have a question. If you were able to pick one Signature Dining restaurant which would it be and why? I am trying to narrow down my dining decisions.

tigsmom

We ate at the Yachtsman for the first tine this past August. It was well worth the extra $$... the food and service were excellent! It has become a new "must" for us.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Flying Fish. Wonderful food.

I've eaten at most of the signiture restaurants, and all are very good, and worth returing to. But the only one we don't miss every year since we first visited is Flying Fish.

The Valrhona Chocolate Souffle is to die for.... :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
BTW, here's the Signature Dining list:

Jiko
Flying Fish Cafe
California Grill
Citricos
Narcoossee's
Artist Point
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Hollywood Brown Derby
Coral Reef

There are also a few that should be there but are not listed because they are not on the dining plans anymore, or never were on any plan:

Bistro De Paris
Victoria and Albert's

I've done every single one on the list except the last two, and I'd do all of them again except Brown Derby. They are all very good with that one exception, and that's personal taste.

Suffice to say, you will enjoy whichever you choose.

Have fun!

BRER STITCH

Without question, I'd use two dining plan selections on the HOOP-DEE-DOO REVUE!!! It's gotta be the best bang for your buck at WDW!

It's a great dinner....it's a fun show....why, it's darn near all things to all people! :lol: Can you spell S-T-R-A-W-B-E-R....oh, never mind! I'm just getting carried away now! :eek:

Seriously, though, if you just want food, and only had one chance to do it, California Grill during Magic Kingdom fireworks is truly something you have to do to experience Disney Magic to the fullest! Many of the others serve up some good food, but so do a lot of places right in your home town! None of them, though, has fireworks over Cinderella's castle bewteen the Main Course and dessert!!! :slurp: Nothing highlights a trip to WDW like the magical atmosphere of the CG.

:sohappy:

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
BRER STITCH said:
None of them, though, has fireworks over Cinderella's castle bewteen the Main Course and dessert!!! :slurp: Nothing highlights a trip to WDW like the magical atmosphere of the CG.

Not 100% true. :wave: We've had dinner at Narcoossee's, and watched the fireworks from our table. They even pipe in the audio from the park and dim the lights. Not as spectacular from the roof of the Contemporary, but it was still nice.

BRER STITCH

AkiraRaptor said:
Not 100% true. :wave: We've had dinner at Narcoossee's, and watched the fireworks from our table. They even pipe in the audio from the park and dim the lights. Not as spectacular from the roof of the Contemporary, but it was still nice.

Ya got me! :eek:

OK....Let me just add O'Hana and Citricos too...and maybe even Trails End Buffeteria if you get your food to go and run down to the beach! :lol:

My point, as I suspect you already knew, was that there is no other place with the dining view offered by California Grill and that everyone should try it at least once to know what the rest of us are talking about.

:sohappy:

dumboflyer

Boma at AKL is the best!

Ohana is great if you like meat...but even if you don't like meat that much, you can order a yummy veggie platter (deep fat fried zuchini, marinated tomatoes, weird but great tofu, etc). When you order the veggie platter, it is free and you can STILL eat the meat. (In other words, everyone should always order it!)

Although the service at Cinderella's Royal Table has been terrible the last few times, the atmosphere is just wonderful! I recommend the castle restaurant for a late afternoon dessert!

Biergarten at Germany for lunch is great. It's only $15 for the lunch buffet (not bad by Disney prices). Plus, they have a fun oompah band that plays about once an hour while you eat.

Alfredos is great at Italy. I recommend...obviously, the fetticune alfredo...but just get the appetizer portion so that you can have dessert. (The meal portion is ridiculously large).

Yum-yum, happy eating! Let me know, everyone, if you disagree with my choices! :)

shoppingnut

If you want steak it is definitely the Yachtsman. If you want fish, then Flying Fish (last time I was at coral reef it was awful, not worth it). Of the two I like Yachtsman better.

KerTggr

Gotta say California Grill is my favorite. Loved sitting against the windows, eating our desert, and seeing the fireworks over the castle with the music piped in to time with it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom