Dineyland/Le Pais de Disney Canada

castlecake

Original Poster
I think Disney should seriously consider building a Dineyland in Canada. People say that it would be too cold in the winter, but it snows in France and Japan and it didn't stop them from building there! During the summer months it can get extremel hot up here. I think it should be built in the Province of Ontario.

It will have the same basic lay out as the Magic Kingdom with some changes. For example I think there should still be a Main Street but without the "U.S.A." Just Main Street. There would then be Discoveryland, Fantasyland, Westernland, and Confederation Square(I dont think Adventure land would survive the winter) What do you think so far??????:veryconfu

Legacy

Here's the problem with a DL in Canada... what would be the point. Disney would much rather have Canadians spend more money by being forced to stay at an on-property resort then allow them to drive to their own version of the same thing. That is why the chances of Europe getting another park are slim to none. The only reason there are two in Asia is because 1) Japan is an island you HAVE to fly or boat to, and everyone would end up staying over night and 2) The Hong Kong DL will service the most populated country in the world, and since Hong Kong is right on the edge... it is more effective for the drivers from North China to stay overnight.

It's a good idea, but it would NEVER happen.

Legacy

I dont know about the Ohio land, but I remember a few years back an America Adventure themed park in VA. That, needless to say, did not occur. I personally don't think Disney will build another DL-type park in the US. Both coast are served, and thus, so is the midwest. A completely NEW park with NO COPY-CAT RIDES could be in the works (though that is wishful thinking), and if it is... all right! But I seriously doubt that.

While many rumors listed the Ohio plot to be for a theme park and may make sense with such great parks as Paramount's Kings Island, Cedar Point and Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, in Ohio already, Disney may have wanted a piece of that market, but most likely it would have been something more like an Entertainment complex, back when they were trying to build up their Disney Regional Entertainment Division(DRE) as a legitimate subsidiary.

castlecake

Original Poster
I know it probably will never happen, but it is still fun to think about!

Main Street>>>>>

On Main St. I am not sure if it should be "American" Or "Canadian"
For example, should it have American or Canadian Flags? And if Main St is from the early 1900s, it would have British Flags. Any Thoughts?

Attractions:

Disneyland Railroad
Main St Vehicles
town Hall
Cinema
Magic Shoppe
Post Office

Western Land>>>>>>>>>>>

Splash Mountain(Drop will be inside, in the Dark!)
Thunder Mountain
Phantom Manor

Confederation Square>>>>>>>>>

Canada's Century...A multi-Media pesentation showing Canada's developments through the last century. One scene will feature AA's of Prime Minister Tredeau and the Queen signing the new Constitution. this will be the main attraction in this land.
The Blue Nose Adventure....info to come( The blue nose is a famous racing ship)

Fantasy Land>>>>>>>>>>

Castle will Be Beauty and The Beast. A ride will be inside, Grand Finale will inclue the scene in the ballroom.
Its a small world( will be updated.......)
Legend of the Lion King

more to come:lookaroun

castlecake

Original Poster
OK Heres Main St

You enter under the tracks of Disneyland/Canadian Pacific Railroad. The Station will be moddeled after train stations from the turn of the century. Once inside there is town square, a park with evergeen and maple trees is there with a Candian Flag flying atop the flagpole. To the left is Town Hall (guest services etc) to the right is the post office ,stables/blacksmith for the horses pulling the carriages, and the Royale Theatre featuring dinner and a show(like the diamond horse-shoe), further up there will be a trading post, magic shoppe, a liabrary, and the regular selection of stores. At the end of the street is Beauty and the beast's castle.

Western land is next....any ideas for a "backstory"??????????:lookaroun

Mouse3268

Good ideas. I agree Adventureland wouldn't surive in Canada in the winter. :king:

:sohappy: :sohappy: my 100th post :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom