Different Disney-MGM Studios Timeline

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1989: Disney-MGM Studios opened
1990: Roger Rabbit's Hollywood begins construction along with Sunset Blvd, Muppet Studios begins construction, Honey I Shrink The Kids Playground opens, Here Comes the Muppets premiered.
1991: Muppet Studios opened with MuppetVision 3D, Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage opened
1992: Mickey's Movieland begins construction, Voyage of the Little Mermaid opened, Studio Backlot Tour expansion with Journey to The Center of the Earth segment
1993: Pee Wee Herman show opened along with The Great Muppet Movie Ride for Muppet Studios expansion
1994: Sunset Blvd opened along with Roger Rabbit's Hollywood, as Hotel Mel and Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers opened, the Rocketeer roller coaster starts construction
1995: Fantasmic! premiered at Hollywood Hills Amphitheater, Creatures' Choice Awards opened near by Hotel Mel
1996: Disney Afternoon LIVE premiered at Animation Courtyard, Mickey's Movieland opened, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory starts construction
1997: The Rocketeer roller coaster opened
1998: Studio Backlot Tour expansion with Wild Wild West scene
1999: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory dark ride opened, Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey
2000: Maroon Studios expansion with Toontown Tower Hotel drop tower opened
2001: Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage premiered along with Disney's Stars and Motors Cars Parade and Walt Disney Presents
2004: The Magic of Disney Animation, Sunset Blvd expansion with The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror opened
2005: Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show (different location) so Studio Backlot Tour will be stay for longer
2006: Disney and Warner Bros sets a deal to working together as the new park name will be changing in 2007
Nostromo based on 20th Century Fox's Alien films was started construction along with Paparazzi Pursuit.
2007: Disney-MGM Studios is now Disney-Warner Bros. Studios, Gotham City/Metropolis starts construction along with Looney Tunes/Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network area being construction too
2008: Pixar Place opened with the Incredibles thrill dark ride and Monsters Inc coaster and Toy Story Mania!
2009: Paparazzi Pursuit was been opened near by the Great Movie Ride which the guests are movie stars which guests in the seats of actors trying to make the premiere of their newest hit film at the Chinese Theatre while dodging paparazzi and freeway traffic,
The American Idol Experience was been opened
2010: Nostromo was been opened in new Sci-Fi themed area near by Star Tours. Original Star Tours closed
2011: Looney Tunes/Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network area was been opened near by Toontown,
Disney Junior - Live on Stage! was been premiered at Animation Courtyard, Star Tours: The Adventure Continues opened
2012: Gotham City/Metropolis was been opened along with the Legend of Jack Sparrow opened at Production Lot.
2013: Studio Backlot Tour expansion with Gotham City segment and London segment from WDSP's Studio Tour,
Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular premiered at Hollywood Blvd.
2014: Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, and Frozen Fireworks Spectacular
premiered
2015: The Music of Warner Bros. Fireworks Spectacular premiered, Star Wars Launch Bay opened near by Star Tours
*The Magic of Disney Animation did not closed in different timeline because Florida's Walt Disney Feature Animation did not closed and is still production since 1989, and the animated movies was still made for future projects.*
2016: The Magic of Disney Animation expansion with a tour around animation production with a new 3D movie theater starring Mickey Mouse and Bob Iger talks about with a new animated short starring Martin Short based on Tangled. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular premiered along with Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
2017: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter was been construction
Disney Movie Magic and The Music of Pixar Live! premiered
2018: Toy Story Land was been opened
2019: Star Wars Galaxy Edge was been opened near by Star Tours and Indiana Jones
2020: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway opened at Toontown
2022: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened along with Bugs Bunny's Hollywood Fireworks N' Lasers N' Laughin' show at Hollywood Blvd, Tim Burton area was been construction near by Hotel Mel
2023: Avengers Campus begins construction after Universal ends contract with Marvel Comics to use Marvel SuperHero Island to be closed in 2022 as Marvel returns to Disney
2024: Beetlejuice's Horror Revue was premiered at as new Tim Burton-themed land called Burtonville
2025: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride opened
2026: Encanto Sing Along Party was premiered
2027: Avengers Campus opened
2028: Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Mayhem opened for Maroon Studios expansion (due to Roger Rabbit sequel huge success)
2029: Edward Scissorhands live show premiered at Burtonville, Superman VS. Batman dueling coaster opened at Metropolis/Gotham City
2030: Corpse Bride musical show was premiered at Burtonville, Deadpool's Rap Party was premiered at Avengers Campus

I'll do more for timeline later....

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This is cool, are you going to go year by year? Starting with the opening year of course and going from there?
Yes, but you can help me, guys. I'll do this mega project for different timeline for Disney-MGM Studios. I bet Disney buys Warner Bros in 2016 in different timeline which Universal/Comcast buys 20th Century Fox Studios instead in 2018.

Goofy Ninja

Yes, but you can help me, guys. I'll do this mega project for different timeline for Disney-MGM Studios. I bet Disney buys Warner Bros in 2016 in different timeline which Universal/Comcast buys 20th Century Fox Studios instead in 2018.

I would go with ideas that are probable. Disney buying WB doesn't seem probable at all. Like you could expand on Muppets because they've got a better working relationship.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I would go with ideas that are probable. Disney buying WB doesn't seem probable at all. Like you could expand on Muppets because they've got a better working relationship.
Jim Henson is still alive in 1990 which he was been cured until he retired in 2011 to voice Kermit the Frog one more time in The Muppets (2011). As Muppet Studios got more competed with MuppetVision 3D and Muppet Movie Ride.

A new Muppet attraction would be opened in 2003, as another one in 2018.

I was originally doing Disney Afternoon land with attractions based on Disney Afternoon shows to be opened in 1993/1994 near by Animation Courtyard.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Disney did planning to buy Warner Bros back in 2016, but instead they brought 20th Century Fox, but in different timeline, Disney did brought WB in 2016, as Disney and WB have a deal in 2006 to use WB IPs in for changing park's name from Disney-MGM Studios to Disney-Warner Bros. Studios in 2007.

Goofy Ninja

Disney did planning to buy Warner Bros back in 2016, but instead they brought 20th Century Fox, but in different timeline, Disney did brought WB in 2016, as Disney and WB have a deal in 2006 to use WB IPs in for changing park's name from Disney-MGM Studios to Disney-Warner Bros. Studios in 2007.

Alright, it's your show Ace.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Alright, it's your show Ace.
Now let's do 1989...It's grand opening at Disney-MGM Studios, the attractions are opening are The Great Movie Ride, Superstar Television, Monsters Sound Show, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!, Studio Backlot Tour, Hollywood! Hollywood! A Star-Studded Spectacular, Soundstage Restaurant and The Magic of Disney Animation. Michael Eisner confirmed more attractions already planned to opened at Disney-MGM Studios in the future. By December 1989, Star Tours opened.
Opening Day Attractions at Disney-MGM Studios: Gone, But Not Forgotten -  AllEars.Net

Disney MGM Studios Opening Day Attractions You Can Still Visit Today -  Parkeology

Disney-MGM Studios Opening Day 1989 -

Disney's Hollywood Studios - Wikipedia
The Magic of Disney Animation - Disney-MGM Studios - ExtinctDisney | Disney  posters, Retro disney, Disney

Star Tours: Inside the Secret History of Disney's Classic 'Star Wars' Ride

Backlot Studio Tour fades to black at Disney's Hollywood Studios -  silive.com

Opening Day Attractions at Disney-MGM Studios: Gone, But Not Forgotten -  AllEars.Net

Disney World: Indiana Jones stunt show is back with a bang

A 'Hollywood' Classic: SuperStar Television | Disney Parks Blog

A 'Hollywood' Classic: The Monster Sound Show | Disney Parks Blog

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Oh yeah, the pics are taking me back. I miss the good old days of Disney, when they themed things more appropriately. It must be because I'm getting old. I'm now that old guy on his lawn complaining about modern times.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Oh yeah, the pics are taking me back. I miss the good old days of Disney, when they themed things more appropriately. It must be because I'm getting old. I'm now that old guy on his lawn complaining about modern times.
I know, memories. Now here is 1990:
Here Comes the Muppets premiered to replaced original Walt Disney Theatre, the relocation of Walt Disney Theatre was builded.
Roger Rabbit's Hollywood was already been construction due to the sequel, Who Discovered Roger Rabbit was been developed by Walt Disney Studios in California, and Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. Muppet Studios is on the construction now due to Jim Henson's still alive after he was been cured at the hospital. Honey, I've Shrink the Kids are added to the park.
Also Dick Tracy Starring in Diamond Double Cross show premiered at Disney-MGM Studios which Dick Tracy (1990) film released in 1990, the movie was so success. There is rumors that Dick Tracy attraction is coming be part of new Sunset Blvd to be opening in 1994.

Here Come the Muppets

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure

History@Disney on Twitter: Here you will find an early aerial shot of  Disney-MGM Studios showing Residental Street, New York Street, and the  construction of the Muppet Courtyard area. Today, from this same

bioreconstruct on Twitter: A look at paint in progress in a Disney's  Hollywood Studios backlot street. Early 1991. Dick Tracy movie theming.  https://t.co/244wh1ikCb / Twitter

Dick Tracy Starring in Diamond Double Cross - 30 Years Ago At Disneyland

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Now let's do 1991, Muppet Studios is officially opened for Phase 1, MuppetVision 3D was been opened,
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage was premiered at New York Street. Jim Henson's Dinosaurs from Dinosaurs TV series by Jim Henson parade also premiered at Disney-MGM Studios. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles makes their appearance at the park too.
Muppet Studios: The Wacky Tale of Disney World's Most Muppetational  Never-Built Land - Page 2 of 4 - Park Lore
This Day in Disney History: Muppet*Vision 3-D Celebrates 20 Years of Fun |  Disney Parks Blog
Did you know?] that on November 22, 1991 Beauty and the Beast - Live on  Stage debuts at the Disney-MGM Studio… | Hollywood studios disney, Disney,  Disney facts

VIDEO: Dinosaurs Live - Parade at Disney-MGM Studios - Travel to the Magic

Extinct Attractions: Dinosaurs Live! and Goosebumps Horrorland Fright Show  - LaughingPlace.com

Keep Hollywood Studios Weird: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at Disney

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Let's go into 1992, Disney-MGM Studios is a huge success as meanwhile Universal Studios Florida just opened in 1990 as the park needs more popular to rival Disney-MGM Studios because they just added Back to the Future the Ride which becomes most popular ride in the world. So Michael Eisner has planning to adding more attractions for Disney-MGM Studios to beat Universal Studios Florida because Mickey's Movieland was been construction. Voyage of the Little Mermaid was been premiered at Animation Courtyard,
and the show was become biggest hit in the park, Studio Backlot Tour added another segment for the part is the Journey to the Center of the Earth, which the movie was biggest hit in the world since the movie released in 1991.
Disney World: Hollywood Studios - The Voyage of the Little… | Flickr
This Modern Marvel is Disney's Best Ride EVER... And You've Probably Never  Ridden It!

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Now let's see how is 1993 is doing now, Pee-Wee Herman did visit to Disney-MGM Studios to be part of the grand opening in 1989,
as he visits the park many times since 1989. Pee Wee Herman and Michael Eisner along with Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit opening a new Pee-Wee Herman show based on Pee Wee's Playhouse TV show (1986-1991) near by Animation Courtyard in the Production Lot. Meanwhile, The Great Muppet Movie Ride was opened at Muppet Studios for Phase II, the ride was inspired by The Great Movie Ride, but the ride has most gags and parody movies like Frankenstein, Peter Pan, etc... There was an Aladdin parade premiered at Hollywood Blvd and Echo Lake.
The Childish Genius of Pee-wee's Playhouse

Unbuilt Disney: The Great Muppet Movie Ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Vintage Walt Disney World: Make Way For Prince Ali at Disney's Hollywood  Studios | Disney Parks Blog

Last edited:

The Lochness Monsta

Great pics dude, it really shows how much things have changed.

It's a shame they never did a real Muppets section. That would have been epic! It would have really set it a part from the other parks.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Now let's continuing, it's 1994, Disney-MGM Studios has a massive expansion for the park, Sunset Blvd opened along with Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers and Hotel Mel. Roger Rabbit's Hollywood aka Maroon Studios was been officially opened after Who Discovered Roger Rabbit came out two years ago and the prequel movie was so popular in Hollywood. The area will have attractions based on Roger Rabbit films: Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride (based on Tummy Trouble short), Toontown Transit, Benny the Cab Ride and Toon Coaster (based on RollerCoaster Rabbit short). Disney announcing that Rocketeer roller coaster to be build at Disney MGM Studios for Sunset Blvd expansion in a few years.
Sunset Boulevard at Disney's Hollywood Studios takes shape

Disney MGM Studios - The Dick Tracy Crime Stoppers attraction that never  was - MiceChat

Lost Legends: Why Disney Designed, Dropped-In, then Disassembled California  Adventure's Tower of Terror

ImNotBad.com - A Jessica Rabbit Site: Roger Rabbit's Hollywood

Main Street Gazette: Terror Tunnel

Toontown Transit simulator concept art | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney  World discussion forums

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (reimagining version) | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial  Walt Disney World discussion forums

2719 HYPERION: Lost Imagineering: Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Here is the ride through of Baby Herman attraction I just found it.

Here's the scenes for the ride:

1. Load / Unload
2. Baby Herman's Buggy
3. Nursery Approach
4. The Stairs
5. Emergency Waiting Room
6. Patient Crossing
7. X-Ray Room
8. Intensive Care
9. Laundry Chute
10. Slippery Hallway
11. Inside / Outside
12. Elevator Hallway
13. Elevator Shaft
14. Hallway With Doors
15. Anaesthesiology
16. Explosion
17. Transition
18. Baby Herman's Dressing Room

Nice! I've never seen this document before. Good job digging for it Dfan.
Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom