Different Character Meals

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I just posted in another thread about the new Marvel Character dinner they're going to start hvaing at Universal, and it reminded me of how limited the selection of characters are for most of these meals at WDW. It's basically either Mickey, Pooh or Princesses, and that seems really limiting given the number of popular ones they have.

Why aren't they still doing the Star Wars breakfast at Sci-Fi Dine In? Why not one with the Toy Story characters? A Pirate one was proposed years ago, but never tried. Heck, they could even have Gamora, Star Lord and Groot host one at Cosmic Rays for breakfast. Have a band play the set list for Awesome Mix Vol 1 & 2 on the stage and list all menu items as "I am Groot" and surprise everyone with their order (OK, maybe not that last bit).

Seems like wasted opportunity to me. Maybe they think they'd over saturate their own market?

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm sure they are going to eventually add a new one for Star Wars in Galaxy's Edge...Toy story probably not since the eating venue is a quick service in TSL....Still wish they could use Sunset Showcase for a House of Mouse style dining experience since I haven't heard too much of Club Villian.

JIMINYCR

They should have more options available but Disney has always concentrated on having the Princesses and a few other main characters appear that successfully get meals booked. Yes... why not TS, pirates, SW or others ??? Probably because they dont want to change up what they know works. They usually do get crowds when they bring out seldom seen characters, but they are hesitant to do so.

asianway

I just posted in another thread about the new Marvel Character dinner they're going to start hvaing at Universal, and it reminded me of how limited the selection of characters are for most of these meals at WDW. It's basically either Mickey, Pooh or Princesses, and that seems really limiting given the number of popular ones they have.

Why aren't they still doing the Star Wars breakfast at Sci-Fi Dine In? Why not one with the Toy Story characters? A Pirate one was proposed years ago, but never tried. Heck, they could even have Gamora, Star Lord and Groot host one at Cosmic Rays for breakfast. Have a band play the set list for Awesome Mix Vol 1 & 2 on the stage and list all menu items as "I am Groot" and surprise everyone with their order (OK, maybe not that last bit).

Seems like wasted opportunity to me. Maybe they think they'd over saturate their own market?
I blame the Dining plan

DisneyJill

i love all of your ideas, and i would love to see things that little guys or non-princess loving girls would like. toy story would be so fun, or so many other pixar characters.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's to "save" by limiting the amount of character performer types necessary and using them as much as they can...if you want the truth...

But the problem for consumers is they don't make them change. They keep booking and paying more and more for the same stuff.

dreamfinder

People want to see Mickey and Cinderella. Or at least that is what we/Disney thinks they want. Disney pushes character meals as a way to see that bunch of core characters that your kids know and want to see, without having to wait in a bunch of lines. WDW is more about the one and done guest, or the once every 5 year guest, and not so much about the trip every year guest. Heck, when lots of guests still can't understand that Harry Potter is at Uni not WDW, there is no chance of them actually recognizing most of the character stable.

OG Runner

I am actually going to Universal, for the first time, in May. They have two character dining options, the new Marvel option and the breakfast option, that they offer once a week on Saturdays only. I am much happier with what Disney offers. My last trip, in January
my party and I went to breakfast at the American Grill in Epcot on Friday. (With Mickey, Pluto and Chip & Dale), then on Saturday at the Crystal Palace. (With Pooh, Piglet, Tigger & Eyeore) The point I am making is the variety and shear number of character dining options offered at Disney is vast in comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom