Differences in Fantasmics?

wdwcrazy

I know that the one in Disneyland has a Pinocchio scene which wdw doens't have . DL has a Peter Pan scene where wdw has a Pocohantas scene. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Basically they are the same except for a few changes. They're both really good though! :)

DLMAGICDARREN

not to mention how guests view it. At Disneyland it plays on Tom Sawyer Island, guests stand along the Rivers of America, where as at Disney MGM it's in an amphitheater with lots of seating, which makes it a bit more enjoyable.

Also the show at Disneyland has been on hiatus for some time, while it continues to play nightly at Disney MGM Studios.

At Disneyland, they use exising attractions, for example the rafts carrying Snow White, Belle, and Airiel are the same ones that guests use to ride over to Tom Sawer Island. The Peter Pan scene is done from the Columbia, and the final scene is done from the Mark Twain, by day both those are taking guests around Tom Sawer Island on the Rivers of America.

The animation scences contain clips from newer films at Disney. MGM

But all in all they are basically the same show. But I soo like the seating setup at MGM better. It gives kids the chance to see, without having to beg dad to go on his shoulders!

toughtobeabug

Account Suspended
YOU ARE FORGETTING THE MOST IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE!
CRUELLA, SCAR, FROLLO, JAFAR, AND HADES DO NOT APPEAR IN DISNEYLAND. INSTEAD THERE IS AN EXTENDED SCENE WITH URSULA.

Dumbo Deprived

IMO the Disneyland one has charm, while the WDW doesn't. I guess it's that they use existing attractions and an existing lagoon-- there's no specially constructed amphitheatre. I just love when the ships (Mark Twain and Columbia) go by.:D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I've seen both....They each have their own ups and downs....I like DL's better...we had fun counting how many time CM's had to ask people not to sit on the fence rails.

The Peter Pan scene is awesome and teh huge ursula is amazing.

If memory serves correct, doesn't the dragon at the end at least SEEM closer to you?

It amazed me how an innocent looking burm could transform to put on such an amazing show.

Jodigrl328

DL you had to stand. I did not like that. It was difficult to view the parade, even with the VIP spot we were in. At DL a pirate ship came out with Peter Pan, while a steamboat with all the characters comes out at WDW. Big thumbs down to DL for having to stand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom