Difference in first two weeks of December?

Shere_Khan

So I booked a trip for Dec 2-8 at Coronado a couple of weeks back and was shocked to find that all the standard rooms were sold out as well as at PO. The only thing available was Caribbean Beach which I do not care to go to. I was able to get a business class room at CS but it was just a little more expensive then I was hoping for.

Anyways, I was just playing around on the WDW site booking fake trips (I do that for fun sometimes! Lol). When I checked Dec 7 - 13 just to compare, I could basically get standard room anywhere I want. What gives???
Touring plans.com has both weeks at basically ones and twos the entire time. Why is Dec 2-8 so busy at all the moderates with no standard cheaper rooms available?

I'm hoping I chose the right week. I hesitate to switch only because I thought the second week was when Pop Warner began. I'd like to avoid that.

JIMINYCR

People still booked there from the Thanksgiving holiday? I know a lot of people who go for Thanksgiving and stay through the following week, hoping to celebrate the holiday and see some early decorations.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yeah the week your going is Pop Warner. It's usually the first full week of Dec. If you can I would push it to the following week. We will be there 5th-15th but stay In Deluxe or Villas so we are usually not affected even If we are there durning Pop Warner. It does not affect the parks itself much though if you were concerned about that aspect. And we also drive and do not use Disney Buses etc but if you plan on using the busses I would definately move the trip or place your staying. :)

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Yeah the week your going is Pop Warner. It's usually the first full week of Dec. If you can I would push it to the following week. We will be there 5th-15th but stay In Deluxe or Villas so we are usually not affected even If we are there durning Pop Warner. It does not affect the parks itself much though if you were concerned about that aspect. And we also drive and do not use Disney Buses etc but if you plan on using the busses I would definately move the trip or place your staying. :)

I was told by travel agent and touring plans that pop Warner starts on the 7th?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was told by travel agent and touring plans that pop Warner starts on the 7th?

It starts on the 7th, but a good number of families arrive the week prior and fill up All Star Sports and overflow into a couple other resorts throwing room occupancy out of whack. The parks are still somewhat unaffected, but you will want to avoid the All Stars that week. In years past they do spill over into PORS, but I have not heard of many problems there.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I see - I didn't take that into account. As long as the parks still seem ok I don't think I will be bothered. We are prob going to stick with our reservation at CSR. I just thought the difference in trying to get a mod room was crazy!

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Stay away from POP WARNER week if at all possible. A lot of uncontrolled kids every where. The second week of december is usually slow, but the weather can turn in a heart beat. Just be prepared.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I guess I don't understand what Pop Warner is exactly then.
These kids are down there for 2 full weeks?
If they arrive a week early and then stay till the end of PW (14th?) then they are out of school for 2 weeks before Xmas break?

Or is it something that each kid goes to on dates specific to them?

I chose my dates based on when touring plans said it was slow and PW hadn't started.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I guess I don't understand what Pop Warner is exactly then.
These kids are down there for 2 full weeks?
If they arrive a week early and then stay till the end of PW (14th?) then they are out of school for 2 weeks before Xmas break?

Or is it something that each kid goes to on dates specific to them?

I chose my dates based on when touring plans said it was slow and PW hadn't started.

This will give you the details.

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/football/pop-warner-super-bowl/

Upvote 0

Zman-ks

This will give you the details.
75.gif

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/football/pop-warner-super-bowl/

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom