Dieting for Disney 2009

figmentisgreat

Hey All! :wave:

Some of you may remember a fantastic thread a while back, Dieting for Disney 2009...well, I'm bringing it back!

Last time we did this, I actually held myself accountable for what I ate and successfully dropped the pounds that I wanted to get rid off...well, some of the pounds came back, and my trip is in 62 days! Sooo, Let's do this again!

Reply back with your trip date, your goal to lose, how will losing this weight help you on your trip (more self confidence, etc.), and how you are planning to lose the weight/tone up (exercise, eat less, weight watchers, no dessert, etc.)

Then, we can talk to each other about how we are doing and share tips!

So, whaddya think?? I'll start -

My trip is May 26, I want to lose 15 pounds (I understand that might not be possible, but I want it to be something like that) I want to feel more self confident and be able to take pictures without worrying that I will look bad because of my weight, and finally, I am planning on going to the gym more and reducing the amount of junk food I eat. I am going to try to stick to a low calorie diet. Let's see how that works!!!

JimboJones123

I've been sucked in.

I have hovered at 190-200 for 3 years. At least I'm not getting bigger, but I'm not healthy.

I don't know where I am now... but 160 is my goal by my trip in September. 150 would be better. Time to start working for that 1200 calorie diet again.

I have found 1.5-2 pounds a week is about perfect.

Upvote 0

Kristia

Well, after my first week trying to be good, I am down by 3 lb. My hubbie and I are finishing week #1 of the couch to 5k workout today. We tried to do the last day yesterday but were rained out. Might be a tough workout today because it is extra windy! Keep up the good work everyone!

Upvote 0
I was bad this week. I had so many appointments, schedule changes, and NO time to do anything extra I just grabbed whatever I thought was quick and easy to eat on the go. Not to mention my DH was sick all week as well...

I feel bad...:(:cry: I'm trying so hard, but it seems impossible to do this sometimes. Especially when everyone else around me is having the time of their life..

I will persevere though. I HAVE to get back into shape. Not just for Disney, but for myself. I can't stand how I look right now, or feel....I have to get some self-esteem boosters, and getting back into shape will definitely help.

I'm sorry. I don't mean to vent.:zipit: I've just had a stressful week.

Keep up the great work everyone!!

Keep your chins up and your smiles bright! :D:D:D

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I weighed this morning and I am down another pound. :sohappy: I didn't go to the gym today and I didn't eat very well, though I didn't over eat. Just bad choices. It all started when I went and bought Easter Candy for the kids. I ate two small crunch eggs. :hammer:Hopefully I didn't blow it. I'm back on track now and I am going to the gym tomorrow.

Upvote 0

petersenjp

Eatting in moderation is key. When you have 1 piece of chocolate, dont let it get to you. Its when you cut it out of your diet completely and then eat like 20 because it has been sooooo long since you had a piece. (Now, please dont take that comment as eat a piece every day. Have one now and then if you do want it though).
I have seen tons and tons of people go to just a straight "chicken diet". Now, the weight just flew off of them, but once they started to introduce red meat back into the diet, the pounds came back on. Once the pounds started coming back on, they got discouraged with their diets and work out routines. Then it begins a mess of....work out harder??? change my diet??? go back to all "chicken diet"????or give up?????

Also, remember to change up your diets and works outs. When you hit the wall and can't seem to get down below a certain weight, change up what your eatting, instead of the eliptical, try a slow run. Your body becomes so use to it daily routine that you wont see the weight loss like in the beginning.

Also would like to state, EVERYONE is different!!!! Suggestions are great because we all like to try something new, but dont get discouraged if something works for one and not you. Our bodies are built differently so...as stated above, change it up!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Ariel484

I was bad this week. I had so many appointments, schedule changes, and NO time to do anything extra I just grabbed whatever I thought was quick and easy to eat on the go. Not to mention my DH was sick all week as well...

I feel bad...:(:cry: I'm trying so hard, but it seems impossible to do this sometimes. Especially when everyone else around me is having the time of their life..

I will persevere though. I HAVE to get back into shape. Not just for Disney, but for myself. I can't stand how I look right now, or feel....I have to get some self-esteem boosters, and getting back into shape will definitely help.

Keep your chins up and your smiles bright!:D:D:D

You keep your chin up too! You did the best you could under the circumstances, and what's done is done. You'll do better this week! :)

I find that a big key to this weight loss is planning...if I know I'm going to be busy I try to pack good food to take with me the night or morning before: healthy snacks, healthy lunch, water, whatever...that has really helped me I think.

But speaking of the snacks, does anyone have any good suggestions? I feel like I eat tons of light string cheese, which I know is good protein, but I'd like to mix it up a bit. :confused:

Upvote 0

petersenjp

You keep your chin up too! You did the best you could under the circumstances, and what's done is done. You'll do better this week! :)

I find that a big key to this weight loss is planning...if I know I'm going to be busy I try to pack good food to take with me the night or morning before: healthy snacks, healthy lunch, water, whatever...that has really helped me I think.

But speaking of the snacks, does anyone have any good suggestions? I feel like I eat tons of light string cheese, which I know is good protein, but I'd like to mix it up a bit. :confused:

Snacks- 100 calorie packs are great, you get a little mix of different sweets and salts. As you said, string cheese it great, or a small cup of cottage cheese. A higher calorie snack for work outs is a banana with a small amount of peanut butter, or celery with peanut butter. There is also yogurt, just make sure to watch the calories on those. Some yogurts, even though good for you, can get up near 200 calories. Then there is the sugar free jello pudding cups. Around 60 calories for those. And in moderation, animal crackers or Teddy grams.

One thing I highly recommend, if you dont buy the 100 calorie packs, get small zip lock bags, and as soon as you get home from the store, start making serving size packs of what ever snacks you do buy. Just look at the health facts on the side of the box and fill the zip lock bags for a serving size. I know it does take work and is time consuming, but if you are serious about losing weight, then this is just a drop in the bucket.

Now, the above are just suggestions, but depending on what diet people are on, the snacks would change.

Upvote 0

disneyliv85

Always having something like grapes on hand is a good snack. I usually pluck a bunch of grapes off the stem ahead of time so I can just keep munching on them when I feel like eating. The smaller fruits and veggies make you feel like you're eating more (maybe thats just me haha) cause you can pop them in one at a time.

Time for some pilates before baby wakes up from her nap!

Upvote 0

Tater48

Fresh, raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cucumbers, apple slices, grapes and bananas. I pack a couple of these every day in case the cravings start up. I usually mix it up every day so that it doesn't start getting old. I only need to lose 6 more pounds to reach my goal weight, and I think I'm going to make it. I have 37 more days til we leave for the World.

Keep up the good work, everyone.

Upvote 0

epcotWSC

I've been working out almost every day lately. Finally got to the gym to do some weight lifting yesterday, otherwise been Cardio everyday pretty much. Going to try to get to the gym about three times a week and cardio on almost all other days. Just gotta see if I can do cardio after a leg workout because Squats = Soreness.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Today a chose a salad over my FAVORITE hamburger!!! It was hard, but I did it. I want to be healthy for Disney!
Ok, but I did get fries hehe oh well...you have to indulge sometimes :p

Upvote 0

Jones611

I broke the 200 lb mark this morning!! I'm at 199.8 lbs. Only 10 more lbs by May 20th! I've been taking Cayenne Pepper pills and they seem to be really helping. I'm sure the walking 3.5 miles a day helps also. LOL

Everyone keep up the good work!

Upvote 0

Tater48

I broke the 200 lb mark this morning!! I'm at 199.8 lbs. Only 10 more lbs by May 20th! I've been taking Cayenne Pepper pills and they seem to be really helping. I'm sure the walking 3.5 miles a day helps also. LOL

Everyone keep up the good work!

Never heard of these. Where do you get something like this? GNC, vitamin or health store? What are they supposed to do? Just curious

Upvote 0

Jones611

Never heard of these. Where do you get something like this? GNC, vitamin or health store? What are they supposed to do? Just curious

I actually purchased them at Wal-Mart. It says Cayenne fruit on the bottle. You get 100 pills for $2.97 and I'm taking 3 a day.

Cayenne is supposed to boost your metabolism. It also helps to lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. I looked on several websites for side-effects and there were none listed. I haven't noticed any either. I feel like I have more energy but that's a good side effect. :)

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

Just wanted to stop by and share that I weighed in this morning at Weight Watchers and I lost 2.4 lbs this week! I was excited so I wanted to share with people who understand hehe.

I hope you all have a good weekend and don't eat too many chocolate eggs!

Upvote 0

mraw

Keep your chins up and your smiles bright! :D:D:D

I was having these issues just a month or so ago. Around 2004 I'd lost quite a bit of weight, and as the months passed I began gradually re-gaining weight. I'd reached the plateau of my weight loss and the things I was doing to get down to that size weren't working anymore. I was completely distressed as I was only 10 or 15 lbs shy of my largest size despite losing so much weight. I hated even going out in public and was considering surgery until I read "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul McKenna and it has changed my life! I've lost 15 lbs. in a month and I am getting smaller by the day.

The book is cheap (under $20) and it was the best purchase I've ever made. I am allowed to eat whatever I want and lose weight without exercise. I know it sounds gimmicky, but it's true. The book teaches you to recognize when you are really hungry and not to eat emotionally (which I think is about 75% of people's eating regimen).

So I may end up looking odd if the family goes out to eat and I order my meal to go because I'm not hungry at the time, but it's paying off. If I am not hungry, I don't eat anything. Snacking is a thing of the past for me.

From childhood most people are conditioned to eat every bite of food on their plate, but this book helps you to realize it and eliminate it. I used to be really thin as a child and that was why- I never ate if I wasn't hungry, and as soon as my mom made me start cleaning my plate, I got big.

GIve this book a try. It's a quick read. I'm happy that I finally get to testify :ROFLOL: about this book, because I've only been talking to family about it recently. The pair of pants that I was about to burst out of in late February look like MC Hammer pants on me now :sohappy:

I have a long way to go, but this book has done wonders for my self-esteem and the way I am living my life. I can't wait to break out those thin clothes! I will be thin by December- it's a personal goal and a promise to myself.

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

So, I have 90 days/12 weeks. I am really going to hope to loose 25 lbs. before leaving day. Of course, I am going to want to keep going with it after I get home because I will hopefully be down for my CP (I haven't been accepted, in fact, I JUST applied!) a month after I get back. :) I'm not really big or anything, but as a former athlete and someone who had been thin up until my junior year of high school, I measure myself at an athlete's standard. I really want to get back into really good shape. I will be keeping a journal of what I eat and for the first 30 days will be doing the 30 Day Shred workout. I figure that workout with 1500 calories a fay ought to be enough to get me where I want to be. I will surely be posting progress, trials, and victories. Best of luck to everyone else doing this!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom