Did you know this...

WDWFanatic

Original Poster
I was talking to a cast member recently and found out why they have shields in front of your face on the maliboomer and why there are tunnels on the California screamin coaster. they aren't just for looks. It acts as a sound shield so you dont disturb guests in the hotels around the park. Keeps all the screamin down to a minimum. I just thought i'd pass it on. :zipit:

dianedisney

Zoning

:xmasmile: When I had a hardhat tour back in Nov 2000 they said that the park was still in a partial residence zone. Everyone thought the shield on the Mailboomer was a puck shield. The cast member giving us the tour laughed and said we were not alone. Have a Disney Day!!!

General Grizz

Originally posted by WDWFanatic
I was talking to a cast member recently and found out why they have shields in front of your face on the maliboomer and why there are tunnels on the California screamin coaster. they aren't just for looks. It acts as a sound shield so you dont disturb guests in the hotels around the park. Keeps all the screamin down to a minimum. I just thought i'd pass it on. :zipit:

Nope! Didn't know that! :lol:

kevlightyear

Originally posted by WDWFanatic

I always thought those were to enhance the screams of the passengers, you know, to make it louder and more scary or something. Actually I think I read that on the DL website, so maybe it was just a disney story.

DLMAGICDARREN

Yep, it's true, it's to keep out the noise. If you have never been to Disneyland, you can't beleive how compact it is, a beautiful resort, but there is literally nothing but a street (Katella) between the two furthest back Paridoise Pier attractions, California Screamin, and Maliboomer, and standard comercial zoning unowned by Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom