Did Tokyo ToT have a S.E.A. backstory before Mystic Manor

skipperdan

Original Poster
I've been researching the S.E.A. backstory and reading the press release for ToT when it was opened in 2006. I would like to confirm that ToT was only linked to S.E.A. via the portrait hanging in Mystic Manor which shows Harrison Hightower III in the membership?

ThemeParkTraveller

Although I haven't closely scrutinized every detail in ToT's queue, I believe the only reference to Hightower being in S.E.A. is in the Mystic Manor queue. I don't think they've added any allusion to his S.E.A. membership in ToT itself since Mystic Manor's opening. Frankly, I think they should duplicate that S.E.A. portrait in all the attractions that share its members. Apparently, the new Soarin' at TDS will also feature a tie-in with the S.E.A.

skipperdan

Original Poster
Thanks! That's what I believe as well, just wanted someone to confirm it so that i'm not going crazy. All the blog/articles i've read always refer to Harrison Hightower as always being part of S.E.A. whereas there were a few years when it didn't share the same backstory,

ThemeParkTraveller

Thanks! That's what I believe as well, just wanted someone to confirm it so that i'm not going crazy. All the blog/articles i've read always refer to Harrison Hightower as always being part of S.E.A. whereas there were a few years when it didn't share the same backstory,

I think the S.E.A. was officially expanded for Mystic Manor. Prior to that, it was strictly a Renaissance period club existing within the story/world of Fortress Explorations (not exactly fitting with the late 1800s/early 1900s timeline of Hightower's journeys).

Timothy_Q

Thanks, I am referring to S.E.A. as Society of Explorers and Adventures and not DisneySea the park which is named because it based around ports at sea.
Fortress Explorations at DisneySea is basically the headquarters and mission statement of S.E.A.

Hence the name.

0DE754FD-4937-4465-8DFE-0E2327448797.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom