Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
Peru was so awesome, like beyond words. The whole time I was there I literally felt like I was in a painting.
fullsizeoutput_9e5d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_9f79.jpeg
%wWdC64ZRU+sUyv3oLodog.jpg
fullsizeoutput_9db0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_9f0e.jpeg
IMG_7193.JPG

I won't ever forget the time I spent in Peru and I am so grateful to have been able to help others who needed it the most.

In more Disney related news...

My March plans!!

I have more written down but I gave my list to my mom to make FPs so she has all my details ;)

Monday, March 18th:
Gj and I land at MCO at 10am (or something close to it) so I figured we could be at a park around 1pm give or take. We are headed to Epcot first! I think this is going to be my new tradition...
FP: Soarin 2:05-3:05, LWTL 3:25-4:25, SSE 4:30-5:30
I think a trip to Disney Springs will be in order as well for this night.

Tuesday, March 19th:
MK up next on our plans..
FP: Space Mountain (which GJ doesn't ride so a twofer for me) 10:15-11:15, 7DMT 11:20-12:20, POTC 1:10-2:10

Wednesday, March 20th:
AK day baby!
FP: Everest 10:25-11:25, Dinosaur 11:45-12:45, FoP 1:40-2:40 (Not sure if GJ will go back on this one so I may get a round 2!)
My mom comes in this night around 10-11pm as well :)

Thursday, March 21st:
Epcot (Flower and Garden Festival what's up!!!)
FP: Test Track 10:10-11:10, SSE 11:50-12:50, LTWL 1:15-2:15
Via Napoli reservations at 6:35pm :p

Friday, March 22nd:
Toy Story Land for the first time!! :D
FP: ToT 11:05-12:05, RnRC 12:15-1:15, Slinky Dog 1:40-2:40
I'm hoping we can rope drop both slinky & aliens but who knows!

Saturday, March 23rd:
MK!
FP: Peter Pan 10:25-11:25, BTMRR 11:25-12:25, Splash 1:05-2:05

Sunday, March 24th:
Our flight doesn't leave until 2pm so we may have plans we make last minute but who knows!

That's all I have so far, only 57 days until we leave!!! I start school back up next week Monday and I already know this trip will be well deserved :hilarious:

If I find anything else to add, I will post it here. Otherwise, see ya real soon!

becca_

Original Poster
Wow, those pictures are definitely stunning! What an awesome experience that must have been.
Ditto what @captnblue said. Simply stunning pics, and good work spending time helping those in need while you were there. Definitely something to be proud of. :joyfull:
Thank you! :)
Wow those Peru pictures are awesome! I was stunned by the second one with the multi-colors in the soil/rock. So cool!
Thank you! That is known as Rainbow Mountain, very fitting name! They explained it is from oxidized minerals in the bedrock such as rust and sulfur. The highest peak is 17,000ft and it was extremely hard to breathe up there. I saw lots of people getting sick climbing up, luckily for me I did not experience any altitude sickness.

becca_

Original Poster
Of course plans have already changed for the trip because why wouldn't they have? ;)

Instead of doing dinner at Via Napoli we switched to a 12:10pm reservation and moved our FPs up because we figured we would need a nice relaxing afternoon since....

We are doing Disney After Hours (at MK) !!! :D

I did this with Daniel when we went and it was worth every single penny. I'm glad my mom & GJ agreed to go :)
Tickets are being purchased tonight!

In other Disney news, Daniel and I switched resorts again for our May trip and now we're at Coronado Springs for round 2! I'm super excited about staying there again especially because we will have a refurbished room this time :joyfull: When I book fast passes for that trip I'll post more details :angelic:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Of course plans have already changed for the trip because why wouldn't they have? ;)

Instead of doing dinner at Via Napoli we switched to a 12:10pm reservation and moved our FPs up because we figured we would need a nice relaxing afternoon since....

We are doing Disney After Hours (at MK) !!! :D

I did this with Daniel when we went and it was worth every single penny. I'm glad my mom & GJ agreed to go :)
Tickets are being purchased tonight!

In other Disney news, Daniel and I switched resorts again for our May trip and now we're at Coronado Springs for round 2! I'm super excited about staying there again especially because we will have a refurbished room this time :joyfull: When I book fast passes for that trip I'll post more details :angelic:

That's awesome!!! We will be doing After Hours at the MK on 2/28/19. Can't wait!!

becca_

Original Poster
That's awesome!!! We will be doing After Hours at the MK on 2/28/19. Can't wait!!
It was totally worth it!! I'm so excited for you guys, only a month to go :)

Woohoo!! I cant wait to do it again! Im hoping they release the summer dates soon!
Also....your trip looked amazing I loved following it on IG! I wish I got to do a medical mission in med school - maybe someday :)
I hope they have a date for when I am there with Daniel because he is obsessed with the idea of going again LOL
Thank you!! It was so much fun and I'm so glad I ended up going since I was hesitant at first. But if you ever have the chance to do it - GO! I would have never been to Peru if I didn't go :) So worth it! We ended up helping about 500 patients over 5 days. :joyfull:

becca_

Original Poster
Update: We have more people coming on my May trip!

My mom and her college roommate, we'll call her J, will be joining Daniel and I from Thursday-Sunday of our trip!

We pretty much have our plans laid out and ready so next month when we book FPs, after my March trip, I'll get the ball rolling on that.

39 days until my next trip 🥰

Walt d

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
View attachment 288079
Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
View attachment 288080

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
View attachment 288081
That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!
It does not matter how many times you go to the world in a year ,you cant get enough of the Disney. Ever!

Longers

I loved your Peru pictures on IG - that place looks amazing!

Such a shame our paths won’t cross in March, pretty impressed you managed to get a SDD FP bearing in mind you didn’t book any straight off (that’s one we still don’t have for our trip)

And enjoy after hours - Chris can’t see the point in paying the extra so I’m hoping it won’t be too busy (something like last year would be perfect) otherwise we’re queuing.

I saw the temperature had gone up so will be looking forward to some sunshine

Enjoy your trip

becca_

Original Poster
I loved your Peru pictures on IG - that place looks amazing!

Such a shame our paths won’t cross in March, pretty impressed you managed to get a SDD FP bearing in mind you didn’t book any straight off (that’s one we still don’t have for our trip)

And enjoy after hours - Chris can’t see the point in paying the extra so I’m hoping it won’t be too busy (something like last year would be perfect) otherwise we’re queuing.

I saw the temperature had gone up so will be looking forward to some sunshine

Enjoy your trip
Wish our paths crossed again - hope you and Chris have a magical trip 🥰

Last edited:

becca_

Original Poster
So two weeks until I'm in Disney again!!!! :joyfull:

I have changes (again) to the May trip, because why wouldn't I??
Daniel and I are no longer together - which is totally okay, I'm fine! Things change and life happens... all good! My friends from nursing school and I decided that instead of me sitting home when I was supposed to be in Disney, we should just all go.. So we are :)

We're leaving May 29th and coming home June 5th. We're staying at Pop Century this time which I have not stayed at since 2004 so it'll definitely be interesting!

So now the cast includes...

Myself, Shannon, Erin, Kelly, my Mom and my "Aunt" J.
Girls trip wooooooo!!!

Kelly and I in Peru!

Erin & I also in Peru!

I am super excited and can't wait to be with my friends in Disney!! I turn 21 in less than a month now so that is getting me extremely excited for this trip! We will all be 21 by the time we go 🥳

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom