1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Did Six Flags create the best shooting ride?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Edward M, May 24, 2016.

1. Edward M

Edward M Active Member

For those near Dallas or St. Louis (and Chicago soon), you may have heard of a new ride called Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. I recently had the privilege to be able to ride it, and, I must say, it appears to be the best shooting ride out there. It combines the amazing and fluent motions of Spiderman with shooting screens like in TSMM. While it is screen based, it also includes real sets that are well done.

I can honestly say that I think this ride is better than anything DW has gotten since Everest (except if you count Star Tours 2). It is a very impressive dark ride that you should check out if you can get to it. I'm sure the Six Flags name will make many people turn away but don't; it's really quite impressive.

Here's a link to the video

And here is a page from Theme Park Insider naming it the best attraction of 2015 (over Gringotts which was in the runnings) just so you know I'm not crazy. http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201507/4645/

ParentsOf4 and bethymouse like this.
  2. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

The AA during the preshow for the ride needs a bit of work. Maybe it's just me but his voice doesn't match the AA.

3. 5thGenTexan

5thGenTexan Well-Known Member

Seems like I heard, at least at SFOT, they were having problems keeping it going.

brb1006 likes this.
  4. DManRightHere

DManRightHere Well-Known Member

I am impressed for a six flags attraction. I really think all of the smaller theme parks should try to get some dark rides and it looks like some are going that route.

The tech is getting cheaper and it is getting easier to maintain, they just have to find a right medium, they do not need to go overboard with overly elaborate effects.

David2319 and IDInstitute like this.
  5. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

You have to give credit to Sally Corp on making another Ghostblasters attraction themed around the DC Characters...But it's basically Toy Story Mania with Elements and Simulation to Amazing Adventures of Spiderman...

brb1006 likes this.
  6. wdwfan22

wdwfan22 Well-Known Member

It's a nice attempt for Six Flags, but it's no where near the best.

brb1006 likes this.
  7. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member

Im guessing the screens are in 3D?

brb1006 likes this.
  8. TubaGeek

TubaGeek God bless the "Ignore" button.

There are definitely noticeable flaws, but that doesn't change the fact that it's extremely impressive for ANY amusement park.

IDInstitute and brb1006 like this.
  9. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

I still like tsm better and also whats this have to do with other stuff in orlando?

10. FoodRockz

FoodRockz Active Member

I appreciate the Joker AA towards the beginning, when they could have easily used a screen. That's part of my disappointment with Spiderman/Transformers. Not even 1 AA, really Uni?

11. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Love Me Some Fast Passes Premium Member

12. egg

egg Well-Known Member

I think the point here is, this is something that could certainly exist at a Disney or Universal park and would probably be seen as a good addition. Yet it's at Six Flags, which is usually at a lower level in terms of quality of rides and theming. Six Flags rides are typically not at a level that would be acceptable for WDW. Other than a few small details, this is.

So I have to give Six Flags a hige round of applause here. I am extremely impressed. I hope they build more rides on this same level. And I hope they maintain this well and don't slaughter it with out-of-place candy ads like they're so good at doing. TSMM is still my favorite, but this gets a big thumbs up from me.

13. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

At least Six Flags is trying something a bit different from there usual Roller Coaster rides. It's probably one of the few Six Flags attractions that are a Dark Ride (Dark Knight doesn't count since it's an indoor coaster)

14. Cmdr_Crimson

No..That's just Six Flags sad attempt on making a Space Mountain-esque ride...

brb1006 likes this.
  15. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

I'm fascinated by the concept of the Flooded Mine at Silver Dollar City.
    It's such a macabre concept for a dark ride- terrified convicts trying to escape drowning to death in an underground prison.
    Haven't ridden this version, but I did ride a clone of it at Dollywood before they were converted into shooting rides.

steel_phantom and brb1006 like this.
  16. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Six Flags Magic Mountain is getting the Justice League ride. It opens next summer. I think it is time they started building things like this instead of mega coasters.

brb1006 likes this.
  17. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're cloning the crap out of it.
    By this time next year there will be no less than 7 of these things worldwide.

brb1006 likes this.
  18. Cmdr_Crimson

They do state that the Magic Mountain one will be the more unique of the 7 versions out as it will be adding Harley Quinn to the finale of the ride....But, I'm sure that if that is the case they can easily add her to the other versions down the line.....

brb1006 likes this.
  19. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Well if your getting approval to build one Death Star, you might as well build two.

brb1006 and Bairstow like this.
  20. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

What makes this attraction jaw dropping is its low price. It's a great example of what can be done without spending a fortune.

I believe the Magic Mountain version is also slated to be slightly longer with Harley Quinn being in a new scene.

brb1006 and Cmdr_Crimson like this.