Did I miss Dumbo on Blu Ray?

_Scar

Original Poster
I thought Snow White DVD said it'd come out in Feb. but I haven't even seen one commercial on it. I was really looking forward to buying it ):

nolatron

Looks like it got pushed from February 2010 to February 2011 for a US release.

Ultimate Disney is informing that the Blu-ray release of Dumbo (slated for last Tuesday) won't be released on Blu-ray until February 2011. Reportedly, there won't be any classic animated Disney titles on BD in the first half of the year. Beauty and the Beast is still scheduled for October, and Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 are bumped from May to December. The Lion King is expected for October 2011.

Back in August 2009, Ultimate Disney had reported that Dumbo would be released on Blu-ray in February 2010. Then in November, it went up on the Disney site, with a release date of February 2. However, that date came and went without a formal announcement.

However, the global community of blu-ray.com is reporting that this title is being released elsewhere – specifically, it's been physically sighted in Mexico by forum member rafaelsalguero. It's now available for rental in Mexico, and will be released for sale on February 12.

It is also up for preorder in France (release date February 17), Germany (March 11), the UK (March 22) and Spain (March 24).

source: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4127

With all the shuffling around Disney is going to these BD releases, it's hard to keep track of what's been released and what is about to.

_Scar

Original Poster
Wow, that sucks.

I'm almost thinking about just buying a UK copy. Think the one released in 2011 will have more content or are they just waiting?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom