Did I make a good choice - French Quarter?

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
I was hoping for some input. I'm going to Disney in May for my wedding and honeymoon. I had a room booked at the Wilderness Lodge, ubt due to the high cost of the wedding, had to scale it back to a moderate resort.

I let my travel agent talk me into Port Orleans French Quarter. She said the bus service wasn't too bad here, and it was a beautiful resort.

The only moderate I've stayed at was the Caribbean Beach esort, which I loved. I stayed at Old Key West and hated it. So, what will I think of French Quarter?

wannabeBelle

joviacdan said:
It's funny - Most people on here are saying that Riverside is the better of the 2, whereas the travel agent (who was very nice and informative) highly recommend I stay at French Quarter. She said Riverside was a bit worn down.

I think the major reason I chose FQ over Riverside is simply not wanting to have to walk long distances to the lobby and bus stops. That was biggest complaint about Old Key West.
Given all you have said I think you will be fine at POFQ. It is the smallest of the Moderates and everything is really pretty close to each other. You also have the advantage of being able to utilize everything at Riverside as well so you are kinda getting two resorts for the price of one. It was taken down for rehab not too long ago so everything is fresh and clean, but I have had rehabbed rooms at Riverside the past two times that I have stayed there as well. The difference is when POFQ went down the whole resort was rehabbed not just the rooms, but everything. Riverside so far has only had some of the rooms done. As previously mentioned the choice of rooms is not guaranteed, so the option to get a non rehabbed room is possible at Riverside. In POFQ that is just not an option as everything was redone. That is probably why you were steered in that direction!!! Im sure it will be fine!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Pan

We've stayed at both French Quarter and Riverside and they are both great. However I would prefer FQ, as it's a lot more compact making it easier to get to the food court and bus stop. Plus I've heard and read that the rooms are of a higher quality compared to PO-R since the refurbishment.

With that said, I understand that refurbishment is underway at PO-R as we speak. It's been 3 long years since our last trip to Disney, but we are now counting the days, only 92 until our next trip :wave: . We're going to stay at PO-R because of the need for a trundle bed with our family of five.

Does anyone know if the refurbishment at the Riverside in Alligator Bayou will be done by February.

Upvote 0

Mouse7116

Port Orleans French Quarter

Hi! I'm new to the boards and it's my first post. :) My husband and I spent our honeymoon (in 1997) at POFQ and we loved it! It was my husband's first trip to WDW and every time we plan a trip to WDW he says we should stay there (I've managed to talk him into AKL though). We found it quiet and spent time walking around the resort just enjoying the feel of the French Quarter. I think you'll really enjoy your time there.

Mouse7116

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I think for a romantic honeymoon resort, French Quarter is great if you are choosing on the moderate level. Out of all the resorts in that category I would definately choose the French Quarter for this type of occasion. There are a lot of scenic "hidden" areas that make this resort a great choice for your honeymoon. I also think that it is quieter than the other moderates on the grounds of the resort.

Great choice...you won't be dissapointed.

Upvote 0

jojoyner55

I'm a great fan of Dixie Lan... there I go again (It will always be DL to me!) I haven't stayed at FQ, but the whole area is so beautifully done, I don't think you could go wrong with either one!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom